1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Children's Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 14, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

How nice it would have been if I was a child only. No worries, no responsbilities . But cant be a child always , have to grow , have to take responsbilities and achieve something in life.

But again when we become old we become a child again and learn many things from our children. Today's children are very smart , they dont like gossip, they are more matured, they learn everything from the womb only , so when they come out they see a better world and whatever we could not learn in childhood they know because of modern technology. We had not seen mobiles, digital cameras and so many others things which present children get to see.

Earlier there were no adopted children but now those who are not able to conceive go for adoption and adopt girl child. Its a great thing to adopt and adopted children also become like their own children

2. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Very well written Viji Aunty! Childhood was the best part of my life, too.

Today's children are indeed smart. My mother has still not acquainted herself well with the mobile phone, and struggles to even send an SMS. But, my two daughters can do almost everything, from video calling to downloading games, in a smartphone.

Today, being the Children's Day, my daughters enjoyed their time in their school. There were various food items, there were games, and distribution of prizes held throughout this year. My elder daughter got prizes in spelling, maths quiz, elocution and handwriting. Her joy knew no bound. Unfortunate for the younger one that no such competitions are held in nursery.

iyerviji and Mistt like this.
  3. iyerviji

Glad to get your first and only feedback. Glad childhood was your best part, mine too. There were no worries and me being the fourth child no responsibilities . So I used to enjoy. My grandmother and parents used to fulfill my desires. Though we were no well off but still enjoyed childhood.

Glad to know that your two daughters are well versed with mobiles. Glad to know your elder daughter got many prizes , congrats to her. You are lucky to have her as your daughter

Tamrakshar likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijiakka,

Childhood memories remain with us until we go to the grave. May be because of our mind was not complicated at that time, those memories remain stronger. The present generation of children are way to smarter and learn so much more than what we learned at their age.

The science has improved much as well for childlessness. The adoption has so many formalities but it is worth going through those processes in order to enjoy the pleasure of being a parent.

iyerviji likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Thanks for your lovely feedback. Those who have adopted will only know the value of adoption and how much happiness they are giving to the children who are adopted. They become like our own children