Happy Birthday Meena Prakash

Discussion in 'Birthday' started by Vandhana, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Meena,
    I thought that your hubby is also a very romantic person and felt you are very lucky. But your first birthday experience proved it false.
    I was married in June and I went off to my native in July end to join work. My hubby's b'day is on Aug.3rd and I send him a readymade shirt by post (it was a great thing in 87). So I expected that I will also get something like that when my turn came. But nothing happened. And it was like that for many years. Only this year, my son pestered him to get me a new watch and I got a present at last.
    I used to get him unique gifts for his birthday, but he neve appreciated them and it used cause arguments. So now now gifts for him.
    Ours was an arranged marriage and I was the first to send him a romantic card after engagement. And, he also send me a card, later I found out that his brother had selected that card for him. To say the least, I was shocked.
    You know, I gifted him a set of toiletories even on or first night. But with no reciprocation, the romantic in me died a slow death.

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

You sure are a romantic..........

Dear Varloo,

Nice to see you share some of your personal experiences. My,my, you sent a romantic card to your hubby;:-D that's really great. you surely are a romantic :-D& pls stay that way; don't let it die.

Compare my first birthday experiece with the recent birthday experience - do you see the transformation??? At that time he was in his prime & he was completely dedicated to his work & his work left too little a time for anythingelse in life. I understood that very soon. hubby is a romantic in his own way. He surprises me at the least expected times. I had to work on a lot of strategies to get him & luckily, it worked. He reciprocates beautifully - I did post some of the poems that he wrote to me & reading that you'd know the person he is. I don't expect anything from him but I have this terrible need to shower /share all my love with him and there he makes me feel sooo complete.

Men are sooo different Varloo. we have just one life & just one man & so, try, try, try till you succeed. Why shld the romance die????

3. meenaprakash

thank you

Dear Hopefloats,

thank you so much for your wishes.

Love & regards,

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Celebrating Birthdays

Dear Meena,

It is nice to know that you had a very beautiful birthday celebrations with your husband and daughter.
    I never celebrate my birthdays at all, because nobody remembers mine.
    My husband will wish me just happy birthday and go off. Atleast when our kids were small they used to ask for sweets/ payasam on that day. That's all.
    Like you I also do not like cooking for my birthdays. I would like somebodyelse to serve me on that day.
    I can never forget the day my MIL celebrated my birthday. I never knew our customs , like taking a little out of all dishes prepared , and keeping it for the crow and all. She showed me everything and served food for me. That was my first birthday after marriage. I was so happy. For my next birthday, she was no more.
    Anyway, sorry for getting emotional this day.
    All the best for your future and your gruhapravesam.
    Latha :wave

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Guess that I am the last person, Meena.

Hi Meena,

I am sincerely sorry for not wishing at the right time.

Anyhow, pls accept now my warm wishes for yr belated birthday. Nice to note down that you had a great fun on that day. I wish and pray that the same will continue in yr life forever.

Bye.

6. meenaprakash

Thank You Guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Latha,

Its always the lady of the house who remembers everyone's birthday but its unfortunate that we have to remind ourselves of our day. Don't worry.. we have a 100 & odd ladies here to wish you on your birthday.
    I was so happy to read your MIL celebrated your birthday with so much love & care. You are one lucky lady that way.
    My day went on very well.
    thank you for your wishes.

Dear Ami,

thanks a lot for your wishes & I do hope you are not the last. pls don't be sorry all taht matters is good will & wishes.
    Yes, dear, I did have a nice time. had nice italian food for dinner & ended with tiramisus & cakes & icecreams. the only thing that upset me was, the day went jet fast...

Love & regards,

7. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Happy B'day

DEAR MEENA

WISHING U A VERY VERY HAPPY B'DAY.HOPE U HAD A FABULOUS B'DAY.

8. meenaprakash

thank you Sonia!!!!

Dear Sonia,

thank you so much for your wishes.
    my day went off very well but then the day came to an end so fast & I thought I still had so much to do.
    anyway, now, shall wait for the next year.
    thank you again.

Love,