Happy Birthday Asha Rao

Discussion in 'Birthday' started by Nivedi, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi asha,

Many happy returns of the day.. hope you enjoy your birthday with a bash after the hectic schedule of camps .....

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Asha,

Happy Birthday To You!

[​IMG]

3. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Dear Nivedi,Sindhu,Rajmi Arun,TDU,Sriniketan,Malspie,Sunkan,Madhu11,Punni88,Anand Chitra,Shanvy and Krishnamma,

Thank You all very much for sending me wishes.It is indeed very touching.Whole of last week,I was busy with doctors who had come from UK-abt 35 of them to do service here for the local Malawian people.They took one week off from their hectic schedule.In 5 days,they treated 6200+ patients.Lots of eye surgries,dental surgeries,hernia op,tumour(40 cms-the size of a football) was removed from a lady's back.Hearing aids were given away to those who were partially deaf.Reading glasses were given away for poeple with sight problem.All this was done free of cost.It was a thrilling experience to see the way the patients danced when they had thought that they had lost their eye sight but did not know they has cataract.When cataract was removed and they could see properly,it was wonderfull.I'm making a detailed report now just incase anybody is interested.I think this is probably one of my best Birthday's to see the joy in poor people who thought they had no hope at all.

Thank You all once again,

Regards,

Asha:yes:

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Asha,

I saw your reply. Really you got a good opportunity to watch all these. I saw your profile and in that you stated as housewife. Then how you got this opportunity? Can you tell me and give a big mail about your experience. Waiting for that.:yes:

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Happy Birthday Asha, Congrats on the good work. Like Krishnaamma Iam waiting for your reply. Have a great day.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi asha,,

Looks like the camp was a success. congrats to your sai samithi....all the best for future ones...

yes the joy and hope in the poor is the best gift to any one with a huge heart...

have a bash....

7. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

DEAR ASHA
    MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY.Very happy to know that you spent your b day fruitfully.Helping the needy is the best service.May you carry on the good work.

8. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Dear Krishnamma,

Yes,I'm a house-wife.i'm a follower of Sai Baba and one of them to start the Sai Organisation here in Malawi.Sai Baba always preaches to do service in whatever form to anybody and we are just a handful of Sai devotees here(abt 7 to be exact).We decided to take the help of Sai Org UK to fly some docs(mainly Sai devotees) from UK to do the needful.Thus these doctors had come here and had a medical camp and brought in 1000 kgs of medicines,toys for poor children,anesthetic machine(very expensive) which weighed 300kgs to be donated here etc.All the patients were fed everyday.It was a very successful camp.

We had done a similar camp in 2004 and that too was successful.2005 we had organised for cataract operations to be done here with local doctors and did 500+ cataract ops spread over 5 months.We do blood donation camps every 3 months here.feed people everymonth.So do whatever little we can with limited resources.

If you need to know anything,do let me know and will answer your questions.

Regards,

Asha Rao

9. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Dear Janani Krithsan,Shanvy,Kanaka Raghavan,

I'm really touched by your greetings.Thank You for your wishes.Hoping to hearing from you.

Regards,

Asha Rao

10. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Asha,
    Wish you a very happy birthday and a wonderful year ahead.
    From your mail, I can see that you have our wishes coupled with the prayers of the poor people.
    God bless you and your family.

Regards
    USHA