Happiness Poll:Working women families India/USA Vs Non Contributing Wives Families

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by ManuuRaghuu, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

Re: Happiness Poll:Working women families India/USA Vs Non Contributing Wives Familie

Dear Krishnaamma,

Thanks a lot for coming to my poll ques from hema's thread and sharing your views... I totally agree with you that how much ever we earn by working for some one it will not be enough fot satisfying our growing needs...i have noticed this in this 22 months of marriage.. iam able to imagine how much responsibility you all mothers are having esp when living away from India...Thanks again for your pointers on taking care of little ones...am sure it would help many young mothers .Btw Raghuu is my husband's pet name:). If you dont mind can you tell me how old are you and how old is your son...i see both Indian and Dubai locations in your profile...have you been travelling like us ?

Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

2. ManuuRaghuu

Re: Happiness Poll:Working women families India/USA Vs Non Contributing Wives Familie

Dear LakNar/Lakshmi,

Thanks a lot for responding to my poll ...Yep India is a happy place to be esp with kids..you can happily go around and have fun with kids even though you cannot drive..Enjoy with your kids!

:biggrin2:

Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

3. ManuuRaghuu

Hi Krishnaamma,

Yep even i want to attach the poll..but i do not see the option to edit and attach the poll to the existing thread..how can i do it ? Can you please help me?

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mannu,
    Just click the thread tools and you can see the poll there . just click it that is all. Hope this helps you. try and give me a feed back ok ?

let me give a detail reply tomorrow. good night.

5. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I understand the need to stay at home once u become a mom. But what I see from browsing through the posts in IL itself that once the kid becomes 2-3 years he is quite independent and you will have free time for your career. As its quite difficult to get a job after a break, I see that they are getting bored. So if we somehow manage 2-3 years both career and kid ( with jus doing some basic job in office ), don't we achieve both ??

Hopefully I didn't sound like a hi-fi carrer oriented women.. I am yet to have a kid .. I am ready to be stay at home at any time after that.. but jus wanted know to others views on this ..

Regards,
    Malar

1 person likes this.
  6. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mannu,

Happy to see your reply. I am SumathiSudar and I am 44 years old. ( actually you must not ask this in a open forum mmmmmmmmm....Big Laugh) Just kidding. it is ok. My son is working with Wipro from last June. He completed his B.E Comp and got this job through Campus.:hiyaAnd I am here with my husband now in Saudi. So I use to shuttle here and there.
    You asked "have you been travelling like us?" means, you are also travelling here and there? where are you from India?

Have you tried for putting the poll?

7. ManuuRaghuu

Hi Malar,

Good point.:hiya i dont think it is that difficult to get a job after a certain break in countries like USA provided you have a EAD/work permit so that you can do flexible jobs and also take care of your kids...am not sure about India.Please share your inputs as why do you think it is difficult to get a job after a break in India/abroad.

I also invite moms who are have started a career again in India/abroad after a break to share your views and enlighten us on this aspect.And Stay at home moms let us know how you deal with boredom when your kids become independent.

Regards,:wave:
    ManuuRaghuu

8. Shuba kutty

Shuba kutty New IL'ite

I'm not sure which one is better because both have negatives and positives, but I think it is good to have a working husband and housewife or vice versa, because someone is always at home to answer any important calls that come home (from companies, children, relatives, etc). There would also be another person to talk to once you get home...and that person (either the mother or father) would listen to you...and discuss whatever you would want to talk about without frusteration (with both mom and dad working they might have complications at work thus further irritation comes when people ask them questions). So as of right now I like my amma being a housewife because if she actually worked then the whole atmosphere would be different. I probably wouldnt be as close to her as I am right now! Keep rocking amma:thumbsup

кєєρ ѕмιℓιηg~ѕнυвα кυтту

9. ManuuRaghuu

Hi Shuba kutty,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your views.I totally agree with you...it is wonderful to have someone who can listen to you after you come home and take care of things at home...Kudos to your loving amma for taking such a good care of you...Cherish your relationship with her forever..BowTake Care

Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

10. Shuba kutty

Shuba kutty New IL'ite

Thanks for agreeing and replying to my post:coffee

кєєρ ѕмιℓιηg~ѕнυвα кυтту