1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happiness does not depend on outward things

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 27, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Happiness consists not in having, but of being, not of possessing, but of enjoying. It is the warm glow of a heart at peace with itself.
    — Norman Vincent Peale

When we see people living in comfort we feel why we are not able to live in comfort. But if you ask the people who are having a big bungalow with facilities and a car to go out , they will say what is the use of having all these you should live your life peacefully that is happiness. Its not in the comfort we have. When we have a big bungalow we have to maintain it also well. For that we have to depend on the servants. Extracting work from the servants is a big job. Just having a bungalow is not enough, it has to be well furnished and kept in perfect state.
    I think to enjoy life both husband and wife should be social and have interest in meeting people and going to places. Just sitting at home we cant enjoy life. By meeting people we come to know so many things.
    Instead of seeing up to those people who are living in luxury if we see down and feel sorry for the people who are struggling, we will feel that we are far better than those who are living in luxury and those who are struggling.
    Life never leaves u empty
    It always replaces
    Everything u lost
    If it asks u to put
    Something down,
    It's because
    It wants u to
    Pick up something better

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    Charles Kingsley

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai ma,

A very well analysation made about happiness. It really should come from everybody's heart that i am happy eventhough i do not have certain things. That is called
    self content happy life. Everybody wants everything too much would like to lead
    always luxurious life without basic happiness and do not know the meaning for happiness also. I enjoyed reading your blog ma.

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear amma,

Such a though provoking post!! makes us want to stop for a moment and take stock of what we are blessed with!!

Thank you amma..... have a great day!!

Akila

4. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi Aunty,
    You are my life time motivator.
    According to me happiness a form of engery... energy loss os energy regained. I have quoted one reg happines in ur thread i think aunty. These my sharings because im very much younger to you. I feel like replying to ur postings so i do always. Keep smiling aunty thats most powerfull weapon.

5. Rekha09

Rekha09 New IL'ite

Happiness is a state of mind and one of the emotions we experience.Since it releases positive feelings we tend to want more of it and seek ways forgetting its all within.We create our own joy/sorrow..

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sreema dear thanks for the first fb. Glad you liked the blog and thanks for expressing your views

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Akila dear glad you liked the post. You too had a greatday

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Akhila dear for your encouragement and glad that I am your motivator. I am blessed to know that.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rekha dear I agree with you

10. vichuchachu

vichuchachu Senior IL'ite

Hi aunty,
    Your writings are really a motivating factor. Really your word gives a healing touch. it reminds me of the proverb, "A Contended mind is a perpetual feast". Its gives us a positive feeling. Thanks for sharing your views and keep giving us healing touches through your words.