1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Handy 'to buy' list

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by muthuswathi, May 30, 2014.

1. muthuswathi

muthuswathi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My husband had suggested me to keep a chit pad along with a pen on top of Fridge.
    This helps me to list items needed and as and when it strikes in mind.
    The list is handy for items like vegetables, coriander, curry leaves, ginger etc.,
    Next morning the list is ready for purchases, I do follow this on daily basis and my kitchen worry is reduced

How about you all?

Please comment.

muthuswathi

2 people like this.

2. peace1465

peace1465 New IL'ite

What you're doing is clever, but you might repeat items without realising it.

Write down the names of items that you buy every month on different post-it notes and put them up on the fridge as and when they run out. This way, you won't have to think twice about having missed any item. You can make your shopping list based on the post-it notes on your fridge just before you go shopping.

Shanthi What you're doing is clever, but you might repeat items without realising it.

Write down the names of items that you buy every month on different post-it notes and put them up on the fridge as and when they run out. This way, you won't have to think twice about having missed any item. You can make your shopping list based on the post-it notes on your fridge just before you go shopping.

Shanthi Vaidyanathan

3. muthuswathi

Hi Shanthi,
    Thanks for your comments,
    We do prepare a master list for all grocery items
    and buy in the first week of every month.
    The small chit pad practice, is to buy day to day vegetable items.
    Regards,
    muthuswathi

4. Priya2178

Priya2178 Bronze IL'ite

superb idea the same way we write our problems in the paper and while we in relax mood just review that paper easily our problem will fly away i am following and getting a good result.

sharing our worries to the third person giving much problems they started blackmailing us. so i always solving my problems in that way.

2 people like this.
  5. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Yes, I used to do this when we were in India. If I am not at home and mom goes to get the groceries, then she just pulls out the sticky note from the fridge and goes with it.
    This way it helps than having the list in the mobile of an individual.

Here, the supermarket is at a walking distance, so whenever we run out of anything, we just walk to the store and get it. And this almost happens on a day to day basis!

1 person likes this.
  6. muthuswathi

Hi Priya,
    It is a good idea to write our problems in the paper and get the mind relaxed.
    thanks for sharing.

7. muthuswathi

Hi Priya,
    It is a good idea to write our problems in the paper and get the mind relaxed.
    thanks for sharing.

8. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

I also do the same. On my counter, there is a note[ad and a pen always. Any item that gets over or needs a refill, I write it down at once. EVerytime I go out, I just carry that chit so I don't miss the items out. This way has actually helped in making sure that most necessary items are there always. Of course, some of the items do get noted in the montjly provision/grocery list.

1 person likes this.
  9. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

For us, it is a post-it on the fridge. We go for grocery shopping once a week / fortnight. As and when we notice that we are running low on any stuff we keep adding to this list.

On our way out for shopping, just get this list and paste it inside my wallet (I dont carry a hand-bag all the time ). Thats it !