1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Handy South Indian Snacks?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Marisa, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

We're going to have a couple Indian people coming by (mostly parents staying half hour each or so) and going, and I would like to have a few snacks handy for them to eat and have with coffee. I've made samosas, sweets, boondas, vadai, dosa, etc. in the past so I'm not particularly intimidated :D but I can't seem to figure out what things go well together (and if I need chutneys or sauces for them, etc.). Also, I need things that won't really need to be reheated or fussed with in the 3 or 4 hours that it'll all take. Any ideas of combinations? It'll be around 6 people total, so I guess I don't need a huge variety. Would a couple sweets + couple savories be good or should I stick to savories only?

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

3. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

Wow, that's a lovely list, thanks! Would breakfast items go well in the afternoon? That's where I get confused. Also, I'd like things easy and non-messy to eat with hands directly. I barely know this people so I would like to have at least one item that they like. We never get visitors so I'm excited about cooking :)

4. kutekrish

kutekrish Senior IL'ite