Handy South Indian Snacks?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Marisa, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

We're going to have a couple Indian people coming by (mostly parents staying half hour each or so) and going, and I would like to have a few snacks handy for them to eat and have with coffee. I've made samosas, sweets, boondas, vadai, dosa, etc. in the past so I'm not particularly intimidated :D but I can't seem to figure out what things go well together (and if I need chutneys or sauces for them, etc.). Also, I need things that won't really need to be reheated or fussed with in the 3 or 4 hours that it'll all take. Any ideas of combinations? It'll be around 6 people total, so I guess I don't need a huge variety. Would a couple sweets + couple savories be good or should I stick to savories only?

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

3. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

Wow, that's a lovely list, thanks! Would breakfast items go well in the afternoon? That's where I get confused. Also, I'd like things easy and non-messy to eat with hands directly. I barely know this people so I would like to have at least one item that they like. We never get visitors so I'm excited about cooking :)

4. kutekrish

kutekrish Senior IL'ite