1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Handy foods during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Swasha, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I need help and suggestions from you. I am in my 2nd month pregnancy and suffering with morning sickness and nausea.

Can you please suggest some handy foods which doesnt need much preparation. After vomiting i am not feeling like to eat anything and no strength to prepare tasty food, though my husband is preparing meals for me , i am having aversions for that.

Please help me.

Swasha

2. siababa

siababa New IL'ite

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I 'll let you know what i had/tried during my First/ second trimister. Hope you may like these things also. Luckily my morning sickness was not severe and it turned down after week 14..... I'm into the third trimister now and expecting our first baby on this June :)

Try having very little and frequent meals. By this i mean if you have morning sickness avoid having one/2 large meals and try having small meals/snacks in frequent intervals. By doing so you will feel a little ok. You can have a little of whatever your husband cooks and try one/all the below mentioned snacks/brunch for every 2 hours (or) whenever you feel hungry.

Try fruit salad. Keep different varities of fruits always ready in your refrigirator... I was surviving on yummy fruit salads most of the time throughout my second trimister... It's good for you and for the baby also... I'm sure you will love it. Since you will get varitiety of fruits here, you can buy little of everything and cut and keep it ready in your fridge.

Also if you get mother's horlicks at your place you can rely on that also. It has got all the essential nutrients in it, so even if you don't like to eat something, you can have one big cup of mother's horlicks. Try M.T.R kesar badam mix, it's soo yummy.

I'm not sure whether you know about the manna health mix. My mom sent that for me from india. Again this is a very good health drink. It has got all the essential nutrients in it.... You will feel full when you have one big glass of this health mix.

Apart from this if you like dry fruits/nuts you can have them also.... Try having handful of badams/pistas/walnuts/fig/peanuts/dry grapes. These you can have like a snack...

Also channa is a good source of protein. Try to soak a handful before you go to sleep and boil it next day and have it with little salt and pepper. You can make a salad out of this by adding carrots/onions/tomatos and little bit of mango and can have it like a evening snack.

These are my 2 cents. Let's see what others suggest for you. Once again have a safe, happy and healthy pregnancy. My best wishes to you.

3. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Hi SiaBaba,

Thanks for ur wonderful inputs, your suggestions are very important for me.

My Heartiest Congratulations on ur pregnancy. Have safe delivery.

Thanks
    Swasha

4. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Congrats on your pregnancy. If your morning sickness and nausea are too much , tell the doctor about it. The doctor will prescribe you some medicines. I also had severe nausea. I asked the doctor whether it is safe to take medicines and doctor assured me that it is absolutely fine. Because of the medicines, i was much better and i could eat timely. Also like Saibaba suggested have little at regular intervals. You can have chocolate complan.It is very tasty.