1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

handling property issues part 2

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Spirit2501, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Spirit2501

Spirit2501 Senior IL'ite

problem 2.

BIL’s son just got married and doesn’t do anything. He returned from abroad and can’t go back due to visa issues. Now he does not want to work because he knows that his grandparents have unlimited supply of money and they can feed their coming generations forever, which they are doing. One spoiled family.

Just after his marriage, my ILs came to US and are with us for 6 months. Now back in India, SIL and her DIL have their own saas-bahu drama going on. My MIL has very soft corner for her DIL’S DIL. Dushman ka dushman apka dost hota hai. Now all they are waiting is to let ILs come back India and my BIL’s son and his wife move in with my ILs in our house. My MIL can’t wait to get back to India to have them. Now the way I see it as my SIL is doing it on purpose to have her son and his wife intrude into our house and gradually convince my ILs to get our house in their name. I know my MIL she would do that too because after all whoever serves the queen gets the prize.

We already told them that we don't want this to happen. But my MIL is super excited to have DIL's DIL to share her past stories with her, plus someone to be around to take her commands. My FIL is very nice person and can't argue with MIL on this. It's her way or no way!!

I would really like to hear what you ladies suggest or share their experience if this ever happened to them....

And I apologize for the long posts..

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

I read both your posts about 2 different concerns.
    If I was you I would only plan for what is earned by me and dh. Looks like the house your ils are living is by both of your earnings or share. I assume the house is in your and your h' name. As long as you both are the owners don't worry about who will live with your il's. make sure you pay property tax and save the receipts.
    No matter what don't assign the work to others. Also, never ever sign over the property to your bil's sons name.