1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Handling my in-laws

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sadhana, Apr 7, 2007.

1. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Re: Hello All - Great work!

Sadhana
    just read ur post..
    Its great... U've come to the correct place...
    Here every one will give u suggestions on every situation...like Chithraji will guide u on recipes, Krishnamma will give all latest info on food, dresses, jewellery, etc....:2thumbsup:
    So u can ask whatever u want...
    Once again, hearty welcome to this wonderful site...:-D

Gayathri.:wave

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Hello Sadhana,
    That was a beautiful poem.It is very true that 95% of women only need to be assured of love as many times as possible.It is also very true that "A loving word would make her day". She asks for no more.If men could only understand this simple thing how wonderful life would become!

3. vidhujagan

vidhujagan New IL'ite

Hai dear friends,

My name is Vidya.I have been a silent reader in IL for quite a long time.I thought it will be great if i send to my hubby this poem and see his reaction.So i pinged him in MSN when he had set his status to away .Im just pasting here our conversation after that...........

Jegan says:
    hi
    Vidya Jagan says:
    hi
    Jegan says:
    i read the poem, very good one
    Jegan says:
    revealing your inner hearts
    Vidya Jagan says:
    yes
    Jegan says:
    looks like it is written for you specially
    Jegan says:
    i can feel ur expectations through this poem dear
    Jegan says:
    but sometimes it need some kind of control
    Jegan says:
    :)

Hope I didnt bore u

Vidya

4. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Inlaws

Dear Ladies,
    Mil problems started for me when she visited usa and found out that i was happily married. Did the usual stuff of bad mouthing me / playing politics etc etc. However since husband was good to me, I was happy and ignored them and tried to build a happy home.

MILs every conversation will directly or indirectly be about me (of course nothing good). I could not give a tit for tat to a old lady and that too a drama queen.

Recently we found out that my BIL and his wife have instigated mil. I have to add here. He was a very good husband. The best I have seen. But will never ever correct mom or stand up for me.

But on valentines day, I was hurt when he repeated some of his mom's words. I am tired too tired of this and wanted divorce.
    Well MIL is all joyful about the turn of events and I over heard her telling him to settle me off and come back to her. BIL too because he will get the full inheritance as brother will be busy with divorce.

5. Liveandletlive

Liveandletlive New IL'ite

Re: Inlaws

oh dear, it's really heartbreaking to read all your story.

Be clever and turn your Dh towards you.If you try you can definitely do that and your MIL should realize that she can't do anything further to spoil your peace.And that will be a great lesson for her.

6. billybob

billybob Gold IL'ite

Again I can never understand some MILs psychology, very possessive and love their sons (fatal love) but don't realize that they are destroying their sons life.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  7. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

Best thing - cut all ties with her ..Tell your hubby not to invite her for a yr or so to US...Things will ease up

8. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

You have done a good thing. Analyzed your situation very well and stood up for yourself.

1 person likes this.
  9. billybob

billybob Gold IL'ite

Are you living in India or USA? if you are in US why are you taking all this crap? If you are in India is your green card still active?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  10. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Please get a hold of yourself , if DH wants a divorce then he will have to shell out alimony and maintenance for you and kid and provide a home .
    If things improve then please be more vigilant and not so trusting. Also no weeping and showing your weaker side.
    Try to get the help of your siblings even if they are abroad , you will not feel alone and vulnerable.
    Anyhow brush up your skills , education and take up a job . It will give you security and confidence.