1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Handling Dramatic Mil And Sil

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Kiran6, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Kiran6

Kiran6 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Can you please share some of the dramas that you have seen from you In-laws side.. and how you reacted to it?

And what are the dramas that you have created to overcome a dramatic situation...

Lights on this please...

:p

2. shri0218

shri0218 Silver IL'ite

Whenever my MIL is dramatic i try to keep a blank face as if I have no clue about what's it about! It may annoy her but I don't ever let it escalate give her chance to be more dramatic :grimacing: else I try to walk away letting her know that I'm no way interested and she can always talk my husband!

KashmirFlower, guesshoo and Kiran6 like this.
  3. Kiran6

Kiran6 Bronze IL'ite

Yes.. even I do this ( keeping my face blank ) to my SILs most of the time... and they say I am rude... may be my blank face is so rude.. :weary:

4. RajLakshmi9

RajLakshmi9 New IL'ite

I don`t entertain dramas. If I notice somebody tries to start it, I have two ways to respond - 1) talk to them openly about it or 2) ignore if there is time constraint (if I have to go, something is urgent). The same rule goes with all members of my family mother side or mother in law side including my husband, children.

KashmirFlower, Sweety82 and Kiran6 like this.
  5. shri0218

shri0218 Silver IL'ite

Even to that I would suggest ignore or best thing to do is walk away from the situation. Eventually they will get the gist that you are royally ignoring them. The more you reply the more drama! Hope things get better for you.

KashmirFlower and Kiran6 like this.
  6. Kiran6

Kiran6 Bronze IL'ite

Ignornace is a bliss!!!!!!!

shri0218 likes this.
  7. shri0218

shri0218 Silver IL'ite

Amen to that!!

Kiran6 likes this.
  8. Kiran6

Kiran6 Bronze IL'ite

I am also expecting daughter in laws to share some of the dramas that they have see in their lives.... (especially at in laws place

My experience..

I attended a wedding... I was chatting with my husband's cousins.....there enters the drama queen (my elder SIL).... She is 40 years old.... with too much of makeup.... and dressed up like a teenager.... but i had nothing to say to her because thats how she is....

may be my SIL wanted me to admire her.... she stood close to me... we just exchanged smiles and we were formal... she was trying to win the attention of the group..... and then my SILs co -sis walked in and told my SIL in a sarcastic way... as your age increases... your dressing has also increased... ;);););)

My SIL replied .... " All my family members are already saying that I look like a young girl... Me and my daughter look like sisters"

That Co-sis had to give a sarcastic smile..

I was not able to control my laugh at that moment.... But it was comical to watch that scene.... .

9. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

@Kiran6 ,
    How old are you? Can you please explain with out exaggeration how a 40 year old dressed like a teenager for a wedding ? I'm just curious...

pinkRoseBud, SunPa, Kiran6 and 2 others like this.
  10. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

If my MIL makes drama and cries out, i will stop talking with her because of her artificiality. I will never open my mouth and will ignore her. Silence is power,. She can't be silent as she is a chatter box and will get provoked without any fight..Ithu epdi irukku :mask:.

Kiran6 likes this.