1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Hand Pump - Memories Black And White

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Agatha83, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Thyagarajan .

Agatha83

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Agatha83 Agatha i think you have a Janma Bandham to Handpumps and the" lodak lodak music.As usual a good description of your experience.In my birth place every street have a handpump which is the source of water during summer.still they are existing and from 3am it works nonstop .

3. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear @periamma,

It’s nice to see you back in this forum. As you have rightly said this hand pump has been a part and parcel of my life. As a six year old I enjoyed jumping along with the pump, enjoying the smell of chlorine smelling water that poured out.
    During my 40s I had to wake up in the middle of night, to collect a few buckets of water and carry it to my 3rd floor apartment. Now this “ lodak lodak” noise has turned into my suprapatham, waking me up early in the morning.
    Nearing my 70s , God has been kind enough in providing drinking water at the flip of the tap without any need to hit the pump!

Agatha83

periamma likes this.