1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hamsanandi

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by MeenLoch, Feb 6, 2008.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

This mesmerizing Evening raga has lovely compositions in the form of following songs.
    The song in the movie Mouna Ragam

Vedam Anuvilum from Salangai Oli is next on thsi list.

The movie thanga Magan has this song, Rathiriyil

Known as Sohini in hindi, here is a a very old song. Do read the small explanation given beneath. I loved "Kuhu kuhu" the best. The song starts with Sohini and changes raga. Same song was sung in

And Keerthanai, composed by Sri Papanasam Sivan ( I like Sudha Raghunathan's version) are all created using HamsaNanadhi Ragam.

beaaaautiful keerthanai I found in youtube

A song by Neyveli Santhanam, . Different indeed.

Here is the link if you want to play Hamsanandhi on Keyboard.

Another keerthana, I got in internet is here.

Details of Hamsanandi

Drench in the beauty of this raga, listening to these links and share the experience I get again and again and again by hearing hamsanandi.
    There are many more krithis in this ragam.

Do write what you know about the raga.
    I will be using this post of mine as a future reference to have a special hamsanandi playlist. :)

i am looking for old tamil songs in hamsanandi.

Shanthi thanks for inspiration.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Very nice Meens Thanks for putting it across for a lay person like me..The compilation of your links ans mentions have done with so much elegance..I am using this opportunity to learn more and also clicking and hearing some of the links.. Thanks..

3. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

MeenLoch,

HamsAnandhi is indeed a very nice raga, which I think has a majesty in itself. But from my understanding, I thought Andhi mazhai was vasanthA. I think they differ a lot in the madhyamam, since they inherit from different janyas.

HamsAnandhi S R1 G3 M2 D2 N3 S | S N3 D2 M2 G3 R1 S
    vasanthA S G3 M1 D2 N3 S | S N3 D2 M1 G3 R1 S

Gayu

4. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Gayu, I checked that. And I can hear the difference in ma. Thanks for correcting me. Did you listen to kuhu kuhu ?

Ac, Thanks again. My pleasure :) to learn and share.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hey vidhya,

I am a kelvignanam. Hamsanandi is a soul stirring one. and when instrumental it is captivating. hearing it on the sitar/flute is a great experience.And it is essentially a evening raga and disturbs to hear in the afternoons.

I like the bombay jayashree one on sreenivasa thiruvengata.

I have one very old cassette of priya sisters where they sing eru mayil eri vilaydu mugam onru in hamsanandi...that is a pleasure.

Songs in hamsanandi...you have already listed..

Vedam is the best in hamasanandi .
    I think ragadeepam by SPB is a pefect one...(movie name??)
    what about kalaiyum neeye malaiyum neeye (movie name??)
    Kuhu kuhu is a great one..I have a series of hmv released cassettes based on Hindustani (lata,rafi,mukesh,mannadey..), without the names of the ragas..it is real challenge to identify..

6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Paavana Guru by Sembai Vaithyanatha Baghavathar is always soul stirring. All the songs that you have put down for Hamsanandi are my all times favourite. Though I dont sing aloud as my husband or his family have never appreciated my singing talent, I always sing along with my mother and my uncles. My mother is a great singer and my uncles kettu kettu kathundu paadum methaigal.

Shanvy, yes Ragadeepam, is a very perfect one from Alaigal Oivadillai I think. By the way could you give me the name of the HMV cassette, I want to add it to my collection. Thanks in advance.

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Though I dont know much about the ragas... I can help you on the movies at least... hahahaha...

Ragadeepam is from Payanagal Mudivathillai...
    Kalayum neeyey is from Thennilavu....

Both are beautiful ones...

Veda