1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hairloss & Hormones

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by shruthipraveen, May 10, 2012.

1. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

I've been hearing these old wives' tale of losing hair if you deliver a boy and not so if you deliver a girl and all my life .
    I've been thinking of it as pure rubbish until this very same rubbish happened to me!!!
    I never lost a single strand of hair after my daughter was born- now I've been suffering from acute hair loss since 4 months after delivery(He's completing 5 months on May 13th)..............whew!
    Anyone in similar situation?

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am not in the same situation as yours. I delivered a girl. I have been losing hair like crazy. It is now 10 months and am still losing it.

3. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

I delivered a girl baby and was facing severe hair loss around 5 months post delivery. I started applying Ayurvedic hair oil - NuZen Gold....it's very effective and my hair loss has reduced considerably.

4. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

hi,

whether it is boy or girl after the delivery women will undergo hairloss as per the studies revealed.
    At the time of pregnancy since hormones production are more for baby's growth so we feel not much hair loss.
    Once we deliver we come back to normal and hormones generation will reduce and on top of it putting very hot water on the body to keep body hot (since we are breastfeeding) causes more heat inside and that's also one reason for hair loss after delivery.