Haircut for 2 yr old

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by minnu2006, Dec 17, 2007.

1. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

I took my 2 year old for a haircut at one of the Green trends outlets. She was screaming from start to end. Can someone suggest some tactics so kids dont cry during haircuts? any specific salons in chennai where i can go?

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Minnu,
    Many of the kdis are like that they create a racket, yours is no differnt. When you take the kid for a haircut try to take along her fav toy. That might do the trick. You can also take a sweet , chocolate or any of the eats that she likes. I usually give her the other hair brushes. clips and colourful stuff and then she becomes quite. Make sure they have a high revolving chair and the kinda stuff kids enjoy.
    Try this.

3. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

One of the hair dressers offered my kid a lollipop to suck and that stopped the cry for sometime( she was fast enough to finish cutting by then ). You may want to give it a shot.

-Gayathri.

4. leenasanjay

leenasanjay New IL'ite

Hi Minnu,

All kids are the same when it comes to such problems but get pacified with different answers. My daughter had her first cut when she was 1 1/2 yr old. Her hair had grown long and used to irritate her. The same story like yours then. Crying a lot till the end. I had even taken one of her toys and a choclate but she was not happy with all that. Then after 3-4 months, for my haircut I took her along. I made her sit in a chair besides me and kept on asking her - See Tanvi does Mummy cry, see how nice mummy looks after the haircut, look how nicely aunty is cutting etc etc. She replied No Mummy doesn't cry. later I asked her does Tanvi cry and she said No. I told her that there is no harm to her during the cut. All the hairs that go into her eyes and irritate her near the ears will be cut.

And next time she was ready for a cut without tears. This worked very well for me as I showed her practically that there is nothing to fear.

So just see what works well for you from the :ideas given by all of us.

Have a happy cutting.

1 person likes this.