1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Today........Gone Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Bhiku Mhatre, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Bhiku Mhatre

Bhiku Mhatre Senior IL'ite

Women find bald men sexy’ ‘Women are attracted to bald men’ I used to think that sentences like these were either made up by bald or balding men to satisfy their ego or women were made to vote for bald men at gunpoint. This was when I was folically gifted, now that I am slowly and painfully transiting to the folically challenged category I can understand those statements much better. I am just at the baby stages of hair loss so have a good decade to go before I join millions of my brothers on the other side, I feel like Thakur from Sholay and Gabbar Singh (baldness) telling me “Abhi bahut jaan baki hai tere balo mein, yeh baal hum to de de Thakur”.

For women its not all about looks or money (I think….I hope), they look for other qualities as well. Women like men who are compassionate, who can understand fashion and beauty products and are not possessive and can let go of things. Baldness in a man teaches him all those things and more.

When a man starts losing hair he goes through a state of mental trauma and anguish that does a number on his self esteem, he slowly gets over that but in the process develops an understanding for other men and human beings in general and becomes compassionate.

Before : Wife complains “I am not feeling so good – I mean emotionally”
    Husband thinks “Oh no here she goes again with the emotional crap”
    Says “I am so sorry honey, I would love to help but I have an important meeting to attend and will be home late”
    After : Husband thinks “She must be going through the same things I went through when I discovered I was losing my hair, I was in bad shape then, let me help her”
    Says “I am sorry to hear it, let me know if there is anything I can do to help, on second thoughts why don’t you treat yourself to a day at the spa while I make arrangements for a romantic evening out. My queen deserves the best treatment”.

Personally I had no clue about hair care products, for me hair care consisted of shampoo and a comb. If I went shopping for shampoo I used to grab the first one I set my eyes on but now it is different. I have familiarized myself with the different types of shampoos and conditioners, the styling gel, the mousse that adds volume and bounce to hair, the daily and weekly repair treatment and much more. The other day I shocked my wife with my insightful answer, she asked me the dreaded question “Does this kurti look good on me? Does it make me look fat?” Normally when I hear that questions I just prick myself with whatever I can get my hands on and run away in search of the first aid kit, the numerous scars on my hand and legs has concerned many relatives, some think I am a victim of physical abuse at the hands of my wife while others think I am suicidal and am constantly trying to hurt myself. However that day I looked at her closely and said “No this fits you very well on the front and side but appears a bit tight from behind, why don’t you wear your hair down, it will cover the tight spots and you look more beautiful that way. Use the Aussie Volumizing spray, that will add shine and volume to your hair and will use the L’oreal mega hold gel so it holds the hair in its place”.

Hair-loss has made me philosophical, I have learned to let go of things beyond my control, I don’t suffer from possessiveness issues. Hair is something I was born with, if that leaves me then other things that I have acquired recently can leave me too –the key is to enjoy the present. I appreciate my wife even more because I know that hair or no hair she will love me the same and that makes me feel loved.

So my dear friends, don’t lose your heart if you are losing your hair. The experience will only make you stronger, your married life would be more meaningful and you and your partner will develop a good understanding for each other. If you are single, even better, you will have women lining up to be with you.

On a side note, you will save money on your electricity bill, you will need to turn on one or two lights in your house and your bald head will reflect that light and illuminate the entire house. Men also tend to get philosophical and poetic when they go thru hair loss and women love men who can recite poetry so that is another good thing.

2. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhikuji,

Big LaughBig LaughBig LaughI´m really helpless after reading u´r post..

I never thought that loosing hair in a man can make him Philosophical..Wow simply superb way of narration.U´r tie up with Hair and Honey(wife) is awesome....

Hair gaya tho kya hua ,honey tho hain naa!! Big Laugh

Hugs,
    dg..

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Bhiku Mhatre,

That was indeed one hell of a hilarious post,I must say.This is the first time Im visiting your blog and found this one pretty entertaining.

What gave me added info here was that the moment men begin to see a receding hairline, their fashion and beauty sense seems to increase. Thats something I seriously didnt know. Youre tips to your wife were excellent almost a very professional kinda advice so that says that incase you need the services of a prof. stylist marry a baldie. A baldie also helps when you are going thru low phases or those blue days without pricking himself. You save on first aids too!! Besides the level of compatibility skyrockets!! Wowow!!

Jokes apart Bhiku this was a great piece , hilarious in the truest sense.

Devika

4. Bhiku Mhatre

DG : Thanks :)
    Glad you found the connection amusing - so you see everything in life has a postive spin if looked from the right angle.

5. Bhiku Mhatre

Devika : Welcome to my blog and thanks very much for the kind words.
    I think most men are oblivious to style and stuff but when they start losing hair they try to cover their head and in process gain an understanding of fashion and stuff and then they understand the women much better.

haha liked your suggestion - if more women think like you there will be happier bald men in this world.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear BM,

HAHAHAHAHA.One of the most hilarious pieces that I have been privilged to read man.

I just feel sorry that u are first a brother , and that too a bald brother to so many pretty ladies here.So that makes me feel nice that one competitor is out of the way.

And cheer up brother, literally.Your wife can never torture u by ever pulling yr hair as u don’t have one.And u save so much money on combs and shampoos.

And when a musician dosnt have a table, he can always play on yr head.HAHA.

Man superb.Looks like my reign of comedy is over, and u have taken over.Too good man.Lage raho Bhiku Bhaiya, Raksha Bandhan door nahin.Regards.kamal

7. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhiku Bhaiya

A very hilarious post.

Hair gaya tho kya, youe sense of humor rocks!!

8. Bhiku Mhatre

Kamalji : haha the one abou tabla is great, well actually right now my wife can threaten me even more - I do have some hair left so she can threaten me with pulling the remaining soldiers and I will do whatever she says.
    I do save money on barber shop visits, shampoos, etc. but see now the women would show more sympathy to me so you will be excluded from their affection and attention :)

9. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhiku Bhai,

Really enjoyed reading your thread. One of the best entertainers in this forum !!!:hatsoff Beautiful piece of writing with thought .............

Thanks, bhai sahab..

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

great fb kamalji......enjoyed it as much as the main post...and do not worry u have many loyal fans here in IL....HAHAHA.....and it is great to have bhiku here...u know hubby has gone out and asked me to get ready in 15 mins as we have to go out and here i am ...couldnt turn off the computer without reading his latest blog.........but again u will say u brought him here....so credit to u only....
    Mindi

regards
    Mindi