1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Straightener..Problem and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Sashmitaa, Jun 28, 2007.

1. prsnfd

prsnfd Bronze IL'ite

Re: Hair straightener..

Get a straightener with Ceramic plates, the metal ones do too much damage!

2. mrinals

mrinals New IL'ite

dear,At first u may it nice,but the starightner lotion enters to the inner layer of the hair strand & breaks the sulphor bonds of the hair.Only after this process any neutraliser can be used to starighten or perming the hair.Even though u get a good finishing look for a while,being the inner layers broken gradually hair starts splitting up. So bettr not to go for the chemical treatments.

3. mrinals

mrinals New IL'ite

hair straightners or perming ones actually go straight to the inner layer of the strand & it has to breake it,then only the neutarliser can act on it. the result for the first few days may be good. But gradually the split ends starts comming up whatever smoothener u use.So better not to opt for the chemical treatments.

4. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

am sorry fr thanking u guys so late.. i really lost hold of this thread and didnt know how to search fr it... thanks a lot fr all ur advice... and sorry again...

5. hemsat

hemsat New IL'ite

Hair straightener recommendations

Hi friends,
    I am looking to buy a good hair straightener. There are several brands like sedu, kiyoseki,conair, revlon,vidal sasson,etc.available in the market...which one is good and takes less time or few strokes to straighten. I am confused about which one to buy. Has anyone tried any of these..friends plz put down your opinions if have used any of these. Also before gliding our hair into straightener, what pre-conditioning products to use --like straightening balm or thermal protectant serum? I really want to try my hand at straightening.

6. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

re: Hair straightener recommendations

I have one from remington. I use it once a week only. By the way, did you know that you can use straighteners to make curls? Mine straightener came with an instruction dvd. It is really easy to use.

Re. serum et cetera. Go to a drugstore. They have lot of products you can use to protect your hair from the heat of the straightener. (It seems like it changes by the day.) Choose the one which matches your hair type.

7. pink_angel

pink_angel Senior IL'ite

Its always good idea to use straightners with ceramic plates. Ceramic plates is safe (or does less damage to your hair)
    The cheaper and best option would be revlon. You can get it for 20 dollars from Amazon.
    I recently bought Chi flat iron at discounted price from amazon (for $75) the org price is $120. I must say it is too good. They have like 750 odd reviews for this Chi iron on Amazon itself.

8. pswcil

pswcil New IL'ite

Hi,
    I use Conair CS19JCS Instant Heat Ceramic Hair Straightener(14.99 in Amazon) it is very very good I am using this from mons.It is worth buying this instead of spending lot of money.

9. diya123

diya123 New IL'ite

I have conair and remington both are very good and their price range is medium remington was $40 and conair was $30,,, so they are good doing their job.... if u serach for 'remington wet 2 straight' on amazon there is about 150 reviews with 5 stars..... though i use it on dry hair only.......... i wanted to try medium range first coz i m lazy to even straighten my hair....

10. gunjanchhikara

gunjanchhikara New IL'ite

Hey,
    I use Panasonic and its really nice.