1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Straightener..Problem and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Sashmitaa, Jun 28, 2007.

1. carehair3

carehair3 New IL'ite

straight your naturally

2. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

For curly hair, dont use straightner, go for re-bonding !! Using straightner daily will be a problem !! Rebonding is better for curly hair !

3. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Hey ladies there are good straighteners and there are bad straighteners. It pays to always do your research. I have dead straight hair and I use a curling iron every morning and it certainly has not damaged my hair nor do I have any split ends. My daughter has curly shoulder length hair. She swims just about everyday and at weekends she sails so her hair is subject to chlorine and salt. We both use good products, Pro Naturals Hair Repair System for washing, etc., what really nourishes our hair is the leave in Moroccan Argan Oil. We searched for an excellent range of hair tools - my hairdresser recommended I look at Karmin Hair Tools. Samantha uses their hair straightener, the G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Iron and I use their G3 Salon Pro Curling Iron.
    Rebonding is a method of straightening hair with the use of chemicals isn't it? I don't know too much about it so I am unable to comment.

4. aaleyahsharma

aaleyahsharma New IL'ite

no hair straightener is not good for our hair.

5. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi perhaps the best place to start is on the web. I did this before purchasing and I chose products from Karmin Hair Tools. In fact when I ordered my new Karmin Salon Series Ultralight Ionic dryer I noticed a new page that I think will help you karminhairtools.com/advice. Hope this helps you.

6. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

My daughter has very curly shoulder length hair. She uses a Karmin Professional Titanium Flat Iron. She loves it because she can choose to use it as a straightener or put her hair up and use the flat iron to emphasize her curls. If you want to learn why a Titanium flat iron will not damage your hair perhaps you can look at karminhairtools.com/in/karmin-titanium. You must be careful to only choose a flat iron/straightener that has a 100% titanium face plate. I hope this helps you.

7. Ishika009

Ishika009 Senior IL'ite

Wow! That sounds really good!! The usual hair straightening irons have a damaging effect. Girls should try this type of iron.

8. angelmakeups

angelmakeups New IL'ite

Hi,

Don't use hair straightener regularly. If you use occasionally then it will not be harmful.

9. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Could you ladies list the hair straighteners you have used that have damaged your hair? If you could list the name of manufacturer and model # it would help us all. Thanks.

10. mariechin1234

mariechin1234 New IL'ite

Straightening your hair can be very damaging but, then again it can't be, depending on the HEAT PROTECTANT that you use. And you had said that you don't use very many hair products but, i strongly suggest that you use the CHI Silk Fusion Heat protectant gel. It works really well and keeps your hair VERY protected. Mine is still as good as new and I straighten it almost everyday. Plus if you use the CHI stuff then you shouldn't have to straighten your hair every two days. Also you should find a shampoo that can keep most of the oils from your hair.

1 person likes this.