1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Straightener..Problem and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Sashmitaa, Jun 28, 2007.

1. lawenya

lawenya New IL'ite

i want to do straight my hair

i like to do hair straighting with shin and smooth . can any one tell good palce

:crazy my hair look like this pls help me huh

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: i want to do straight my hair

Go for a good beauty parlour and get it done!
    For silk and shine, Use good shampoo and Conditioner or Herbal Henna.

3. diya123

diya123 New IL'ite

you mentioned 'herbal henna' right will this change hair color or is it 'senna leave powder' ,, can you tell me which brand henna is good :)

4. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

does henna help straightrn hair?

5. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

re: Hair straightener recommendations

make sure u use a heat protecting spary or cream before using blow dryer or straightner

6. neeraja.ch

neeraja.ch New IL'ite

Hii ,

Henna doesnt make your hair straighten but it gives god shine and healthy look.Any henna ll give a lite color for your hair but it shows up only when sunshine falls on ur hair else its looks like black.If u want ur hair can be red color u should apply henna to hair without applying oil and u should mix with tea decotion.For those who doesnt want coloring they should apply oil to hair then henna.

I am usig henna since 3 years i found good results as i dont want my hair looks like colored so i ll apply henna with oily hair.I ll prefer Anoo's or Ayur henna ,as these are Natural products,for good results mix henna with egg white essence ,curd and lemon u can add fenugreek powder to give coolness if u want.

Cheers
    Neeru

7. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Hi, I did a method called "L'Oreal Xtenso" -- it is a hair straightening method (Chemical) This is not re-bonding (which leaves hair usually dry). The xtenso method worked very well for me - it is more of a smoothening method. My hair was straight, soft, smooth and brilliantly shiny too... This is a permanent treatment - meaning it will be straight for around 1 year or so...The treated hair is permanently straight. But after sometime as your hair grows, it will grow normally so looks bad on top of the head... You will have to do a touch up once every year or so...I did not do that, so after cutting out all the straight hair that was treated, my hair is back to normal again now.
    The procedure costs around 5k(this was around 3 yrs back when I did it) - depends on length of hair...
    If you plan on doing it, do it in a L'Oreal approved parlor as the products they use are manufactured by L'Oreal.
    This process did not dry out my hair. Little hair loss was there after 3 months or so, but even otherwise, I had hair fall problem (Who doesn't anyway?) But there were no knots coz my hair was pin straight :)
    So, yea, that was my experience and my hair went from "dry, wavy, dull" to "straight, sleek, shiny, smooth and wowwww" overnight!!!! :) :thumbsup
    It takes around 4-5 hrs if your hair is long; so book an appointment beforehand;
    Dont go for wella straighteing - go for the L'Oreal one
    (one of my friends had done wella straightening and her hair went totally dry...as far as i know, all of my friends who had done L'oreal - it was a huge hit)
    I did it in a parlor called "Eve's" which is opposite to the Standard Chartered bank on Haddows road, Nungambakkam. I enquired in various parlors and this place was the cheapest (cost me 4.5k some 3 yrs back! other places like Naturals were charging me 7k then for the same treatment!)
    If you do this treatment, you will be asked to use, L'oreal shampoo and conditioner whenever you wash your hair (They sell this in the parlor, you wont find it in stores). This also costs a ton more than the regular shampoos and conditioners. So do this only if you are okay to take care of your hair after the procedure too.

Well, if there's a budget constraint, you could always buy a good flat iron and iron your hair! It will straighten your hair and stays till you wash your hair. Again, on the down side, this is a heated hair styling tool, hence all the cons with it comes into the picture!

Hope that big reply of mine was of some use!!

Cheers,
    Vids

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  8. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

I own a "Sedu" flat iron. I bought it in Oct and its been good so far. I owned a conair one before, and this was quite an upgrade. :)
    I did do a lot of reading and surfing the web before buying the Sedu.
    Try folica.com - you can read reviews and see actual pictures of people's hair before and after straighting.
    I was debating between the Sedu, Solia and the Chi - finally got the Sedu as it had the best reviews.
    I have long hair (comes to middle of my back) and it takes approx. 15 minutes for me to straighten it. (With the old conair one - it took 45 mins) It becomes super straight and smooooth as well :) I am glad I got the Sedu! This one is a keeper!!!!

If you are planning to use it often, get a professional flat iron. Dont go for the cheap ones as they have only a ceramic coating (not entirely ceramic) They pull your hair and fry/damage it. Whatever you select, make sure you use heat protectant spray before you iron your hair. Will minimize the effects of the heat!!! :thumbsup

Cheers,
    Vids

9. deeyash

deeyash New IL'ite

Hi
    I use a sedu too, its good and your hair straightens really fast.
    use a heat protectant spray before straightening.

Regards
    Deeyashu

10. thamarna

thamarna Guest

How to straighten hair without using any chemicals?

can anyone tell me hw to straighten hair wid natural products...withot the use of chemicals...:hiya