Hair Smoothing/Smoothening

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bangalore' started by MrsShantaram, Jul 28, 2011.

1. MrsShantaram

MrsShantaram New IL'ite

Hi Girls,

a new question: Does anyone of you know a Salon where you can get your hair straightened with the smoothening method which is also know as Brazilian Hair Straightening?

This procedure should be much more healthier for your hair than the Japanese Rebonding.

I know a Salon, called Bodycraft, where they offer it. It would cost me around 7500 Rs. (and I forgot to ask how long it would last - normally the Brazilian doesn't last forever like the Rebonding...).

Is anyone of you aware of a GOOD Salon where you have tried it yourself and you know about the costs?

Pls let me know.

Thanks a lot!

MrsShantaram

2. sleepwalker

sleepwalker New IL'ite

Hello, Mrs. Shantaram.

Even I am looking for such a treatment..but rs. 7500 seems a lot to pay for something that lasts only 3 months!
    Here are the results of my research:

Salon called Tranzient near Manipal Centre on MG Road offers this treatment for the same cost (shoulder length hair). Don't know anyone who has tried it.

The treatment, as opposed to Japanese straightening, is very simple and straightforward. I am thinking of purchasing the kit from eBay and trying it myself.

Do post your experience and results once you get it done. If my courage fails, I'll just go in for the Loreal Extenso treatment. :(

3. AnjanaSawant

AnjanaSawant Gold IL'ite

Hi Shantaram and Sleepwalker,

Even I want to do smoothening. Do post your experinence :)

4. MrsShantaram

MrsShantaram New IL'ite

I did it last Sunday. The result is satisfying, though I expected it a little more "natural".

They asked me if I want it very straight and flat or natural and I said natural.

Though it is really flat and straight now. It was a loooong and tiring procedure and took them around 6 hours. Eat something before you decide to do it! I was starving.
    The Hairstylists were very friendly and knew what they were doing. At times there were 4 people busy with my hair.

I paid in the end 8000 Rs. but I am happy with it and I can really leave it wet and do not have to blow dry it. The hair remains straight :)

I've read that you will get a little more volume after 4-8 weeks, due to the natural growth at the scalp. It will improve this very flat look.
    Depending on my growth it will take now 6 months to 1 year until I have to go there again. Afaik they will only straighten the hair which is new, so the 'old' and already quite damaged hair doesn't have to go through the same procedure again.

What I've gone through is definitely not the Brazilian Keratin Treatment, which I thought it was, but it is also not Rebonding... but similar to it, but not that harsh, if I am correct.

My hair wasn't extremely curly, but still curly and frizzy. All that is gone now and I am soo sooo much happier with my new hair :)

(One thing was really annoying: 48 hours after the treatment you are not allowed to wear any hair ribbons, clips, twist your hair, tie it, nothing! And no water is allowed to touch your hair. It is very difficult to wash your face, brush your teeth if you are not allowed to do that. Oh and.. not to forget - you have to pull all your hair up when your head is on the pillow. You are not supposed to lie on it. That was really tough.. !)

Good luck to you girls..

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  5. AnjanaSawant

AnjanaSawant Gold IL'ite

Thanks Mrs. Shantaram for sharing your experience.

I have few queations in y mind :
    1. It cost you Rs. 8000. How long your hairs are ?
    2. just let me know about hair fall after the treatment.
    3. What exactly do we need to ask to beautician for this kind of treatment ?
    4. Does the effect reamins permanently on hairs(offcourse not the new growth) ?
    My hairs are curly and dry thats why asking so many questions... having fear in my mind because volume of my hairs is not that good

6. MrsShantaram

MrsShantaram New IL'ite

Hi Anjana,

I can understand your worries. How awful would we all look with a bald head .. hee hee hee :D

Ok, I will answer your questions:

1. My hair is quite long - you can say there are 10 cms left until there is my bum.
    2.I don't have more hairfall than before. But I also have to tell you that I don't care much about it, cause I have lots of hair and I always wanted to have less.
    3. What you need to ask for is the so-called "Hair Smoothening" - at least in that salon mentioned above.
    4. It remains permanently - that's what they explained to me and till now - it has remained the same. I don't even need to blowdry it. It is such a relief for me. My life is so much easier and more comfortable.

Please feel free to ask, if you have any further questions.

MrsShantaram

7. AnjanaSawant

AnjanaSawant Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot Mrs. Shantaram.

After reading your review, I feel like to do smoothening on my hairs :)

Let me find good parlors here in Mumbai.

8. MrsShantaram

MrsShantaram New IL'ite

I hope you ll find a good one soon.

Btw: Today I was at the Salon again for waxing and had a look on the price list once more.

The smoothening procedure starts with 3000 per tube and the rebonding with 2500 per tube. I think the smoothening contains more care for your hair and that is why it is so expensive.

9. AnjanaSawant

AnjanaSawant Gold IL'ite

Even some of my friends told me that Smoothening is better than rebonding and its more of natural too.

Let me just get good salon here or else I need to come to Banglore :)

10. vinuthnaBalija

vinuthnaBalija New IL'ite

Hi anjana and Shantaram,

after reading yor comments on hair smoothining...now that its almost two years ,i would like to ask..
    hows your hair now???

do you love it the same way..as you did prior..??

is the smoothinig still der???..how ofent are you getting it redone??..does it go dry ofent???..

i am really excited to get my hair smoothend..

please please do reply..

Vinuthna