1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

hair removal...some ideas!!

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by rya, Jan 4, 2008.

1. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi ladies,
    i would like to share some ideas with you all about our skin,our unwanted hairsshakehead,as well as some natural face pack!!..i got these ideas from my grandmom as well as my beautician!
    1.my grandmom used to say,in older days,ladies that is during 1900s,ladies use broken pieces of clay pot everyday with turmeric to cleanse their body..Since they started using this from their puberty,hair problem was not a big deal those days..even my grandmother's hands and feet will be like silk.
    2.when i visited india,i used a powder that had a great smell,and it was very good for the skin..my mom collected orange skins and lemon skins,totally dried in sun,with rose petals and korai kizhangu(available in stores-naatu marundu kadai in tamil),green gram,vetiver and kasturi manjal powder,dried in sun and powdered in a mill shop..
    3.honey and lemon with semolia works great for bleaching hair when it is used continuously(massage in circular motions after it dries)
    4.nowadays,we the ladies,without any patience,are using razors to remove hair..that is very bad and we totally end up with thick hairs..those who didnot use razors,not even once,are very lucky...pls don't use razors..this is my beautician's advice..instead waxing is better...
    ramya

sindmani likes this.

2. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

:thankyou2: dear for your advice. Yes, as you say razor is not good for hair removal but people like us while living in abroad can't get all herbal stuffs to do it on our own da. But, I always like to get natural products from India and planning to go this year. Hope I could get those herbs and try it naturally. Anyway, thnks once again friend.

Thanks,
    Suni :p

3. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi rya thanks for sharing your own experience...

But i have doubts... as u said
    honey and lemon with semolia works great for bleaching hair when it is used continuously(massage in circular motions after it dries)
    - u mean this should be used in face ??

And one more what was de result...???
    (after using all those herbal ingredients which u have mentioned in 2 point...)

thanks in advance..

4. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi suni and senorita,
    thanks for ur replies..
    senorita,
    my first point about clay pot pieces which was used to clean the body is i have not tried..because it is an age old traditional method and it will give the result only when it is used from the childhood ..so i cannot gaurantee the result..maybe everybody can try it and see..
    the second point is the bath powder which i have tried..it gives very good smell after bath..the cost is less if u buy it in whole quantity..it also helps reducing hair growth because when i was using it i noticed my hands which was shining(after continous use like 4-5 months) and had hairs reduced a little bit..
    third is honey mixed with lemon and semolia..the result is the hairs,due to it's circular motion,as well as our pressure to a particular area,comes out from roots.and since we r using honey,the hairs become softer than before...but when u leave it,u r in vain..so,u have to continue using it till the hair growth completely stops.first'u have to do frequently,next u will have a chance to do it twice a week,thrice a week etc.iam in twice a week condition...these are the results that i noticed when i was using it..this method is better than going for bleach or removing hairs using wax or hair removers in upper lip area..but,be patient and observe the results.each and every person will have different condition of hair growth..so the result may differ from person to person.
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  5. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Hi rya,

Can I use this honey/semolina method for my daughter's face -- she is 6 1/2 yrs. old so will it be rough for her skin ?? Or any other home remedy you know for children's facial hair ??

Thanks.

6. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi grace,
    ooops! please do not use it on child's tender skin as it will definitely affect the skin..it is only for adults..ours will be like a matured skin and we may have been using waxing and all..For children,u can use besan and turmeric with almond powder for the skin to nourish. Massage her skin with coconut oil mixed with a little bit of turmeric once a week before bath and you can use besan,almond powder to cleanse the body for her. that is enough.'
    thanks

7. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Thank you rya ! Will do the besan method you've suggested and see.

Can you suggest any similar remedy for her hair care ----- due to these shampoos it has become thinner / coarser and becoming little brown also [sembattai]. I use only plain coconut oil , weekly twice . Any home item I can use for her instead of chemical filled shampoos ??

:wave: Bye.

8. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Hi rya,

Just now saw reply for my similar query from Dr. Charuchithra in Ayurveda thread ; if your method is different from that , do post it . Otherwise it is ok yaar --- thanks a TON :kiss for your prompt and very useful remedies.

9. smith21181

smith21181 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Thank u for your ideas & advice.

10. kk_karthi2000

kk_karthi2000 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

really a nice piece of advice, what about using vaseline hair removal creams? is it safe?

Karthi