1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair-Raising experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by hema_alex, Dec 17, 2008.

1. hema_alex

hema_alex Senior IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]I had been wanting to get a hair trim for eons but somehow kept postponing that decision 'cos of my dear husband. Like the majority male population he too has this hair fetish...the longer the better....and in typical Rajinikanth style would tell me "If you cut one inch, it's as good as 100 inches".

But i was at a state where i had to get a trim thanks to split ends. Mustering all the courage I had, I went and softly whispered to my husband "Can I get a trim, just one inch - nothing more". After eying me suspiciously and after some love lorn looks from my end, he agreed at last.

So of I went, with a literal skip and hop to the parlour to do what i had been wanting. I explained very clearly to my stylist to trim just one inch and she said "Sure, only one inch". A magazine was stuffed in my hand which I started blissfully reading. I kept hearing snips, but didn't really bother much, cos the mag was interesting. After half an hour, my stylist said we were done but when I looked in the mirror, I got the shock :shock:eek:f my life. My waist length hair was now shoulder length. Tears brimmed not because of the hair cut, but in anticipation of my hubby's reaction. What would I do now? :hide:

I went home and shocked my husband by :cry:crying before he could even register his surprise. I explained what happened at the parlour, over my tears. Now no man can raise his voice over a crying woman and so he too kept quiet. I could see he was furious:confused2: and had his doubts, but he decided to keep quiet for the moment.

Phew...what a day...i was pleased with myself for having convinced my husband. And then the unexpected happened. My dear brother dropped in and said "Wow...sis...your haircut is hot. You've been telling me you wanted to chop of your hair for quite awhile. So your hubby agreed at last eh?

Do i really need to write what happened afterwards?[/JUSTIFY]

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

ha..ha..haa. nice blog. You know how the man will behave infront of a crying woman. But you dont know about your brother. He spoiled the whole show. Nice blog.

But I really pity you for what the parlour has done to you. But dont worry it a month or two you will get back your hair to its original length.

Nice writing. I read with a great smile. Keep it up.

3. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi hema
    A cute piece from you...I enjoyed it thoroughly cos I was in a similar situation 3 months back.
    Here no probs from hubby,he says short hair looks neat..:thumbsup but I was in tears seeing my shoulder length hair.bonkI tried plaiting my hair as soon as I rushed home.. and absolutely aghast to see that I could just accomodate a single one.

Now after a spell of stylish pony tails and hair do's I am back to plaits.. and yes..happy about it.:hiya

Do write more.

Regards
    Honeybee

4. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

hahaha Hema, good one.

My DH to likes long hair not that i have one. As a kid i had waist length hair ...but once i chopped it off never had the nerve to go beyond shoulder length. And even that is too much for me.

My hair is thick and need a wash every other day...so my ultimatum is if you can wash my hair every other day i am ready to keep it long :)

5. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Hey hema, that is a nice funny one.
    For some reason I too had felt, inspite of warning the beauticians to cut only few inches, they would cut too much... a level where we cant enjoy the hair cut rather get shocked and worried of the consequences. Had similar experiences :) Nice blog.

Love,
    Amy

6. harisur

harisur New IL'ite

Hi Hema,
    wonderful blog. I really enjoyed your writing and laughed out loud after your brother let the cat out of the bag. You have a way with words and hope you have more to write in the future.

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hema,
    A very nice humourous one..relating to the haircut..
    I can relate the expression of my daughter when she had an hair-cut by giving it the 'locks of love'...she also had long hair, it came to the neck length..now she loves the shoulder length..so no problem.

sriniketan

8. parimala_80

parimala_80 New IL'ite

Hema,

Nice one...enjoyed reading your blog..your narration is good...keep blogging.

9. mkpriya

mkpriya Senior IL'ite

hai hema,
    nice write up ya.Even i faced the same problem with my parents and hubby.even now i have to ask his permission to have a hair trim .he will say having long hair is nice.what i say is that when u go to saloon do i say anything.u also be like that to me.
    hahahaha.

10. hema_alex

hema_alex Senior IL'ite

Swati

Thank you. BTW this episode happened exactly a year ago. Now my hair has come back to waist length. I wrote this post cos i was contemplating a hair cut again. :D

Honeybee

Hi. Short hair always makes one look smart but long hair makes one look very feminine. Guess my hubby wanted more of the feminine me than smart me. :D

Roopadadia

Lucky you....u've got thick hair...u r making me jealous now...:p

Amy

Thank you. I wrote this piece so that it will deter me from taking such risks again. :)

Harisur

Thanks a lot. I used to tell my bro, short hair is easier to maintain, blah, blah....but never expected him to do this...phew.. :(

Sriniketan

Great....that your daughter loves her shoulder length. You can style it in so many ways. Looks cool :)

Parimala

Thank you....and yes..i'll definitely keep blogging :)

MKPriya

In my case, i've had more drastic styles pre-marriage......my parents didn't care.....maybe the silently prayed and therefore God gave me my hubby who is bonkers about my hair. :p :D