1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

hair perming

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by kavinarayan, Dec 3, 2008.

1. kavinarayan

kavinarayan Bronze IL'ite

i have straight and silky hair and so it looks very thin when i put a ponytail....my sister suggested that i perm my hair....is it adviseable to perm my hair...my hair is medium length..:confused2:.

1.how long will the permed hair lat
    2.can i have a normal shower routine
    3.will perming show my hair thick and healthy
    4.how much will it normally cost in chennai
    5.which is the best parlor to get it done..

pls be kind and patient enough to answer my queries...

kavi

2. dollyiyer16

dollyiyer16 Bronze IL'ite

Dear kavi,

I permed my hair 2 years back, and i had shoulder length hair. The result was awesome. Your hair will look 3 folds more volumenous. when you wear a ponytail it will look really bushy and nice. but there are a few disadvantages.

1)Since your hair is already curly( after perming) removing the tangles will become even more tedious. you will need a lot of patience to detangle your tresses.

2) you will have to use the prescribed shampoo and conditioner (mostly told by the parlour )to maintain the permed hair. this will also determine how long your perm will last. 3) I faced serious hairfall as my hair was getting highly tangled in due course.

4)when you hair strarts regrowing,the lower portion will be curly and the upper portion will be ur normal hair. If your hair is too straight, the there will be a marked difference which will make you look a little awkward. i did not face that problem as i already had pretty wavy hair.

how long the perm will last depends on your hair texture and growth rate. for me it lasted for almost 1.5 years and i still have traces of perm in the lower part of my hair. but my friend who did it with me has already done it 3 more times again as her hair grows off pretty fast.

when i did it, the cost was 2000. i am not aware of how much it is right now.

On the whole, you can give it a shot,as i got a lot of appreciation for my looks after i permed my hair.It completely changes your appearance. :thumbsup

do let me know after you do it.

luv,
    dolly

1 person likes this.
  3. kavinarayan

kavinarayan Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    thank you so much for your reply...and tips,i will surely give it a try..

kavi

4. kethi

kethi New IL'ite

hi there kavi...i have been trying to find a good styling saloon for getting a perm in chennai and i came across your perm. so was wondering if you were able to find one.
    pls reply.
    keerthi

5. Gayathrivikkram

Gayathrivikkram Senior IL'ite