1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Makeover

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by sinhgad, Jan 29, 2010.

1. sinhgad

sinhgad New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

This is great forum to discuss about hair. So tell me about your hairstyles, is there anyone who is thinking about changing her hairstyle or is bored of her hairstyle( no style ) which you have had for years.

I know its very difficult for you girls to part of with your long hair and most of you are too scared to cut your hair short, well if that's the case i think i might help you. For ladies who have recently had a haircut please share your experience so that can help other ladies in selecting their haircut. And for ladies who are thinking about cutting your hair, post your preferences so that i can share pics of various haircuts that might suit you and will help you selecting the perfect style for you.

I feel hairstyle is the most important part of one's personality and a correct hairstyle can change your whole image and can make you look much more sophisticated.

I hope this thread will help you a lot so please post comments and it will help you a lot.

2. kijo

kijo New IL'ite

hi sinhgad!!
    thank u so much for such a thread.actually i ahve been thinking of changing my hairstyle.i had agood haircut in india before coming here..i came to us in may.now it grew longer.i have thin,brittle flat hair.i feel so sad that i don't have beautiful hari.i am planning to get a new haircut.i guess it's too late ot ask now coz i am going to parlour tomorrow itself.i saw ur post today only.anyhow.i am describing what i want.i ahve a perfect round face with big chubby cheeks,blunt nose:-(,enough big forehead with receding hairline:-( with thin,brittle hair.ofcorse not that bad..but i want something much better.i want some hairstyle which can add good volume to my hair n change the way i look.what do u suggest??i have been doing some research on hairstyles for round face in internet so i got some ideas.i wold like to hear more from u.thank u bye

3. sinhgad

sinhgad New IL'ite

Hi kijo,

Considering that u are a doc so easy to manage and quick to style cut would be appropriate for u. For people who have round face and needs an easy to manage style i recommend them to go for bob longer than it might be worn on another face shape, and to get it style in such a way that it minimize the volume on the sides of ur head. But since ur hair is thin and you want to add volume to your hair i would recommend u to got for inverted bob or kinda angled bob. This would look long in front so that it suits your round face and short at back and lots of layers so that adds volume to ur hair. You can also go for fringe, that can be side bangs or a straight bangs i.e any smart bangs u like.
    I am attaching few pics so u can get a clear idea of what i am saying.
    e1.JPG e2.JPG

you can also go shorter at the back, something like these...

10.jpg 1-179.jpg

and u can also go for shaggy look at back and by shaggy i mean lots of layers for volume, something like this...u can combine this shaggy look with the above 2 pics and get bangs that will look great.

2.jpg

I hope this would help, if u want more advice or some more pics let me know i can email u. If u have already got it cut please tell us about it and share your experience. Thanks.

4. priyacoolbuddy

priyacoolbuddy New IL'ite

do you know what is the name for this hairstyle ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  5. sinhgad

sinhgad New IL'ite

well from this pic i think its just long hair

6. kiranmadhu

kiranmadhu Senior IL'ite

Will a step cut make my hair add a more volume look. i have curly hair which is thin.

7. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Even i have curly hair , not many hair styles suit for this type of hair.
    It is only step cut, U cut and straight cut. Due to curly none of the hair cut shape is seen.

8. sinhgad

sinhgad New IL'ite

@kiranmadhu: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With curly hair you are always going to have a certain amount of volume in the hair, but to enhance the amount of volume, you have to maintain the integrity of your curls while the hair is drying or dry the hair so that you get the most lift possible. Well this can be best accomplished by using a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer and using the fingers to hold the hair out from the scalp while drying it. [/FONT]

And for layers (step cut) [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]therz a general rule, people with curly hair who want a layered style want longer layers. Your best course of action if you are thinking of changing your style to one with layers is to sit down and have a talk with your stylist and discuss exactly what you want from the cut/style[/FONT]. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whether or not a person with curly hair will look good with a layered haircut depends largely on how curly the hair is, the texture of the hair, and the hair’s density, and the kind of layering that is done. A lot of women with really curly hair are afraid of shorter layered styles because the hair ends up looking more “bubble-like”. Since the hair tends to curl more when shorter bcoz there is less weight on ur hair[/FONT].

@pandusk: yes, u are right, not many haircut suits curly hair but then again it depends upon the type of curly hair u have. If u just want to tie a simple pony u can keep it plain long hair coz anyways any style on long curly hair will look good only for a week unless u use straightners or hot irons. But if u really want some style in ur hair i would suggest u to go for shorter styles.

P.S: ask me for pics if interested

9. kajola

kajola Senior IL'ite

hiii

even i wana knw which hairstyles wll suit me
    i hv a round face
    length of hairs is till waist
    nd i want a haircut tht shldnt shorten d length of my hairs
    i hv silky and straight

tell a hairstle tht ll suit me bt d condition is tht shld shortn d length of my hairs

i want 2 hv layers haircut nd i think it ll suit me also

wat do u think

kajola

10. sinhgad

sinhgad New IL'ite

i am sorry, i m kinda confused :confused2:... do u want to or u DONT want to reduce the length of your hair???
    and when u know that u want layers in your LONG hair, and u have straight and silky hair then go for it, m sure it ll look good. :iagree
    u can get bangs, side bangs, some highlights, short layers, etc.. anything will look good.... reply me if u wanted to ask something specific....