1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Loss - Suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by rbits196, Aug 31, 2011.

1. rbits196

rbits196 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I have been trying to solve this puzzle about myself for so long now, I am driven to depression at times :cry:
    I have been experiencing quite some hair loss - be it in the shower or when brushing my hair, I see clumps coming off! The only noticeable difference because of that for the past 20 months almost is my braid growing much shorter coz I cut it.
    I see hair loss, dandruff at times; mine is a heat body (pitta is what it is called in Ayurveda I guess!).
    I have tried the methi powder & curd, egg + lemon + oil, shikai + amla powder, all of those as hair packs. I have changed shampoos from Giovanni to Dr Bronner's to Shikai too! I have dry hair with my top hair being the frizziest and dry-est. I do not use any conditioner since I have always noticed more hair loss with conditioner. I have gone through some of the help links posted but since I have been juggling with so many recipes for long enough, I was wondering if someone could suggest how long I should try any treatment for before I conclude it as "not working for me"?

Also could you suggest a shampoo? A washing routine basically? That would be really helpful!

Please help!
    Thanks!
    Ramya

PS: And yes, I live in New Jersey.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

2. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear rbits,

there have been many threads on hair loss, please go through them to find a solution, also please use the search bar function before starting new threads.

My suggestion would be to switch to a mild shampoo, and oil hair regularly and eat lost of fresh foods and include protein and omega 3 sources in your diet.