1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair is oily on the day after washing

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by MLP1, Dec 30, 2015.

1. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

How do you manage to keep second day hair (i.e. the day after washing) oil free and fresh? I oil my hair every alternate night and then wash off with shampoo the next morning. I have thin hair and I'm struggling with frontal hair loss (NO PCOD problem, but have Vit D and iron deficiency which i am correcting). I cant wash hair daily since it's bad for the health of the hair plus I have sinus problems. And the day after washing, hair becomes oily and scalp is seen, so it is embarrassing in office. I don't know what to do. Please help!

Regards,
    MLP1

2. Lakshmipav

Lakshmipav Silver IL'ite

@mlp1 I think baby powder should work if u have short hair ..

just take some powder apply to scalp leave for 2 min then comb ur hair ..

be careful not to apply too much .. Combing thoroughly makes it invisible to others ..

and dont touch hair very often which makes it oily ..

1 person likes this.
  3. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your response. I have waist length hair that I leave open mostly. I tried baby powder but it is seen. Cocoa powder worked better but I'm afraid it will clog the hair follicles. As such I have scanty and fine growth.

4. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Looks like the oil that you apply on your scalp does not get washed off with shampoo that's why your hair gets so oily..Is it necessary to oil your hair so often? Is it possible to oil your hair less frequently and reduce the amount of oil that you apply to your hair..I'm assuming that you use coconut oil such as Parachute etc..See if you can switch to a less greasy brand of hair oil.

5. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your response. I won't be able to cut back on oil because I'm trying to increase the thickness of my hair. I actually use castor oil (it's greasier than coconut oil).

I suppose you are right. I will try to use lesser quantity.