1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Fall

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Mawa, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    That reminds me of my Periamma who used to take regular water drawn from well for her tepid hot anointed oil bath on Fridays - a forty minute procedure(!)
    and (2) - curry leaves-generously added to buttermilk mixed rice of the leftover soaked previous night . From her childhood till her last days at 87+ she enjoyed bouncing dark tresses that entire neighbour talked about in wonder.
    That is B Complex And vitamins in oil + not using any hydroxy-chemical soap.
    Treated water contain chemicals- though traces they say - yet it is adequate to cause hair fall. The factors both external and internal and in seniors it is do with DNA.
    THANKS AND REGARDS.

anika987 likes this.
  2. shahpriti

shahpriti New IL'ite

Hair loss usually develops gradually. It may be patchy or all over (diffuse). Normally, you lose roughly 100 hairs from your head every day. The scalp contains about 100,000 hairs.

For hair loss due to illness (such as fever), radiation therapy, medicine use, or other causes, no treatment is needed. Hair usually grows back when the illness ends or the therapy is finished. You may want to wear a wig, hat, or other covering until the hair grows back.

Castor oil is rich in omega-6 and 9 fatty acids and makes a great alternative vegetarian food option as opposed to fatty fish. It can work as a natural laxative for people who have sluggish digestion, and it also benefits the liver and other digestive organs.

Castor oil increases the production of collagen and elastin in the body, thereby delaying various signs of ageing. It is a healthy oil option for hair and provides loads of nutrients and vitamins to promote good hair health. It has high moisturizing properties that help in maintaining lustrous locks.

3. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

How do you eat castor oil without having laxative effects?

4. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

Another reason for hair loss from prolonged time without any obvious nutritional deficiencies, lifestyle issues etc.. is a condition called Female Pattern Hair Loss (FPHL) which is caused due to hormones. In this condition, testosterones in body is converted to DHT by an enzyme at a higher levels which causes hair fall. This is female version of male balding but in females the pattern is different to men where you will only start seeing your part getting wider and hair in crown area becomes thinner, hair follicles miniaturize over a period of time. There is lot of information out there and ask your dermatologist to run hormonal tests to rule out if that is cause in your case.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

To shed excessive heat from body, during my schooling occasionally my mother used to fry small or sambar onion in pure cold pressed castor oil and make me eat.
    Strangely such fried onion was tasty less of usual bitter and odour.