1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

hair fall after coming to usa

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by isha88, Mar 15, 2013.

1. isha88

isha88 New IL'ite

Hi, I came to USA 6 years back from India and since then I am having a lot of hair loss. My hair used to be long and thick but now I have lost more than 70% of them. I have tried everything possible but I keep on loosing hair. My hair are becoming thinner and thinner and I am worried that I might loose them all. I think it is the water hair that is causing it because whenever I go back to India, I dont have my hair fall out. Please help me!!!!! Anyone who has tried something that worked for them, kindly share here as it might help many other people as well.

Thank You

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi isha,
    Welcome to IL...........:)
    Please click this post.....have shared links to relevant threads and discussions there......:)
    Hope to see you more in IL......:)

3. bunnipriya

bunnipriya Gold IL'ite

I am also in the same boat. but I came here just a year back.. my hair is becoming so thin and scalp is visible too :(

4. Vijayarahini

Vijayarahini Bronze IL'ite

Include me tooin this boat. I came here last September and I am really worried Bout it.lost almost atleast should try to make sure I don't lose the remaining too. Awaiting your suggestions.

5. Viraar123

Viraar123 New IL'ite

Hey guys!!
    I moved to states 2 yrs back and have been experiencing heavy heavy hair fall...
    i was a girl who had an awesome hair but now it's the worst...
    I skip my hair wash just to avoid that extra hair loss.... But no escape...every time I pull my hair it's there in bunch.... I'm really freaked out cos we are so young and losing hair in such small age is scary!!!
    pl suggest anything that stops hairloss... I read taking biotin helps but what's the composition to take??? And is it a good idea to take in the long run... Anyone using it!!

6. radhikashinde91

radhikashinde91 Senior IL'ite

Thank you for sharing such valuable information about hair.

7. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Have you ladies gone to see a doctor and explained what is happening? I know that stress affects your hormones but I have never heard of water affecting your hormones to cause hair fall. Suggest you see doctor first, then look at why you are so stressed, then look at your diet, what do you eat now that you didn't eat in India and last of all look for a hair repair system to use. I use Pro Naturals Hair Repair System. I had an op in October last year and it was followed by weeks of radiotherapy and my hair became very brittle and started to break, lose it's shine etc. Now it is back to what it was before the radiotherapy. Good luck ladies.

8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

It's the chlorine in the water. You can get a shower head water filter for it. And don't use but just enough shampoo to get your hair clean.

Lathasv and pumpkin01 like this.
  9. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

It might also be the high PH in the water (hard water) ask a plumber if there is a filter you can fit to the shower.

10. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am facing the same problem as yours. Could you please suggest any remedy you did which controlled your hair fall? I ve just started taking Fish oil and using drinking water for shampoo. Any shampoo or conditioner if you can suggest. My har has become very frizzy, brittle and dry with dandruff.. currently am using Loreal anti break shampoo and Tresseme extra moisturiser conditioner. Any help is appreciated!