1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair cut for babies

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shrinithie, Aug 14, 2007.

1. shrinithie

shrinithie New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what methods we can use to cut hair for babies. My daughter is 1 yr old now. We have shaved her head (mottai ) in thirupathi when she was 7 months. Now, her hair has grown very thick and uneven .

I would like to get suggestions or methods you have used to cut hair.. or did you take the babies to parlor/saloons ?

Thanks
    Nithya

2. anu9

anu9 New IL'ite

hi nithya,

atlast someone had asked this question in IL. my daughter is 18 months old now. when we came here i.e when she was around 5 months we had her motai in palani. from then we never had her haircut until she was 1 yr. but her hair was very thick and i couldnt manage to give her bath and so we decided to take her to the kids parlour there they distracted her with so many things but then it all went in vain. 2 times we tried and we droped off. finally my husband brought a hair cut machine. and from then i am doing the haircut for both my husband and daughter everymonth. this is reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy very useful.

even yesterday my daughter had her haircut. i feel much releived everymonth after her haircut.:mrgreen:

Anu

3. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Hi there,

I used to clip my daughter's hair and bangs while she used to sleep on my lap. I was apprehensive of the hygiene in the hair salons here and didn't want my baby daughter any where near them. That was way back in late eighties when there were no cartoon cuts and other infant friendly places. I used small scissors the ones that men use for trimming their beard/moustache and a wide comb to gently lift the hair from her neck/face and clip hair on top of the comb.

With my son also i did the same thing until he refused to have his hair cut by me and insisted on going to the barber shop with his dad. it is another matter that he didn't like the short cut the barber gave him and came back to me to fix it and make his hair longer. i had a hard time making him understand that i cannot make the hair longer and it takes time to grow back.:-D

4. piu

piu New IL'ite

I use trimer to trim my baby's hair.It is safer than any other tools.:)

5. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi nithya,
    When my son was 1 yr we took him to the parlor..This was his frisr hair cut..He cried a bit..But in the subsequent visits he was fine.Ive never trimmed or tried to cut his hair at home..

Cheers
    Ramya

6. shrinithie

shrinithie New IL'ite

Hi anu,blondie, piu and ramya,

Thanks for your replies. I got lot of options now. Blondie, I loved your son's innocence. I am thinking of taking my baby to the parlour for the first time so that they cut in shape. And then try with a trimmer myself.

Is there any specific brand or product that is good for trimming?

thanks all once again

rgds
    Nithya

7. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

hi

my son is 17 months old n he has his hair cut once in two months .

there r hair cut saloons esp for kids . they r in an atmosphire which kids love n hair cut there wouldnt be a problem .

regards
    santasekar

8. sunita04

sunita04 New IL'ite

Hi Anu,

Can you tell what is the machine you are using for haircut. Name and the brand and the place from where you bought it. It would be really very helpful. Please reply asap. Waiting for ur reply.

Regards,
    Sunita