1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair coloring/Dyeing..problems and suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Ginger, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Hetal

Hetal New IL'ite

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hi AnandChitra,

This can work ! if you buy good quality Henna from stores.

All the best ! Take care
    Hets
    <TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hetal
    please explain to me how to use the pack in the most simplest way. i'm terrible at all this. hope u dont mind
    thanks
    chitra

3. gauridatta

gauridatta New IL'ite

Re: Hair Coloring - Long term effects?

Dear Sonia,
    Colouring however is not good for your hair, no matter u use the expensiviest or the most known brands. The only healthy way to color ur hair naturally is henna paste mixed with beetroot and decoction of tea and coffee.
    try it once, it may not give u a highlighted effect but will surely give a tinge of brown shine in your hair. Ideally there are no hair colors that DONT have ammonia. Every hair color available in the market has ammonia as an active ingredient. So use hair color not more than twice or thrice in a year dont use more than this, better use henna try it once

Regards

gauri

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

hello gauri
    so i just make a paste of henna and apply all over my hair? is once a week o.k or once a month. i dont have many white hair.

5. gauridatta

gauridatta New IL'ite

Dear anandchitra
    apply henna once a month or once in 1.5 months, weekly application may damage ur hairs. Do it once a month
    Regards
    gauri

6. prettylol

prettylol New IL'ite

HELP! need to colour my hair reddish with mehendi(henna)

I want to colour my hair a reddish tinge with mehendi(henna)...
    please give me detailed instructions.. along with the amount in each ingredient that i have to mix with the mehendi(henna) paste.... please help me...
    thanks a million in advance..

7. dhanasathesh

dhanasathesh New IL'ite

Best Brand in Hair Color

Hi Friends,

I am Dhana from Austin. I came to Austin three months back. After came to US, I had heavy hair loss and Dand druff. Initially I felt that changing the place is the reason for these. But still I am facing the problems. For Dand druff I am using Header & Shoulder shamoo. It is really good and removed my dand druff. But I cant find a solution for hair loss...

I am having gray hair since two years. But nowdays the gray hair amount is increasing and 50% of hair become grey. I think there is no solution for getting back the black color naturally. But is there any hair color for permanent. Permanent means for a year or atleast for some months. In India, I used some hair color brands, But the color retained for maximum of one month. I dont want to color my hair every month. I want to do coloring only to hide my grey hairs. Any one of you know some best hair color brands?

Please let me share your ideas about hair coloring and hair loss.

8. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Best Brand in Hair Color

use ammonia less hair colours like fashion hair colour.. it doesnt harm ur hair..

9. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

want to colour my hair

Hey ladies
    I am very much excited to colour strikes on my hair but since not very use to parlours here so very scared which colour should i ask them to do for me or will i really like the colour which they themself taking me in confidence will do for me........and one more thing pl ladies share with me with ur experience on colour shades we indians can do ,which r the colours which r for sure very common for indian skin to suit on...Will wait for ur reply as next week am planning to finish with this work as leaving for india for a vacation on 26th march.....

Thanks bye

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Re: want to colour my hair

Dear Kads,

Hi,

Its very important to know the exact colour of your skin to decide the hair colour . But assuming you are from wheatish to fair (the general skin tone of Indians).,I would suggest.
    Go for a soft brown global colour for the entire hair and then go for gold streaks. Platinum streaks ,I personally feel are a definite no no for the Indian skin tone.
    L'oreal professional is a very good product . The colours are pleasantly glossy and give a nice shine too. But of course you'll need to take a test if your a first time user.

Whats more important Kads is that since these do have chemicals in them you'll need to take a lot of care after. Conditioning is very important . Happy colouring and do share your experience with us. Sure you'll get a lot of compliments . Enjoy your trip!!

love,
    devika

whynotme likes this.