1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Haemoglobin - Bad Symptom For Kids

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by latamurali, Sep 26, 2007.

1. sukar2703

sukar2703 New IL'ite

Please include, lot of dry fruits in his diet, becoz low HB levels in children might cause poor attention levels at school, lesser motivation, etc.

In case he hates dry fruits, try making a laddoo mixing, equal quantity of Badam, Pista, Dates, Raisin, Peanut (u can break this into small pieces or need be coarsely powder them) and mix it along with powdered jaggery and ghee and make laddoos and let him have it as a snack. Believe me this will help to increase the HB level.

Also, an Apple a day is the real mantra for a good HB level.

Also, try to substitute jaggery with sugar wherever possible. And for breakfast try giving Poha (add nimbu after removing from stove).

Even I had the same and all these remedies helped me have gud HB levels.

All the best!

Regards,
    sukar2703

2. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

Hi shanti,just wanted to know what you mean by malted drinks what is wrong with them.how does one make this date syrup for adding into milk?hope you answer my queries.humera

3. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lata,

I remember our family doctor telling us that for vegetarians the best iron giving food is pulses.Spinach has iron it it too but because of hight content of phytates,it is difficult to absorb the iron in spinach.My doctor told us that eating plain dal with rasam is a good source and I guess it is because vit c helps in better absortion of iron by the body.Please try making him eat bisibele bhath, sambar or things like that.You can surely give one or two appalams with this and I hope he will like it.

My daughter also is very picky about eating so I generally disguise vegetables in her food.I make mixed vegetable tikkis,along with potatoes,mix chopped and blanched(put in boiling water for 5 mins and then drain) spinach ,or grated carrots,etc in chapathi dough, and as she likes chapathis,she eats them.she still puts up lot of objections but since she is young,I guess she listens if I say somehting strictly..try these methods..as others said,soups,ragi rotti,etc are also good.

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear friends

Thank you very much for ur valuable suggestions, he likes parrupu sadam very much and notbad, he is trying with vegetabels also, now-a-days abnd giving him apple daily and also Iron tonic

But still refuse to eat any nuts, he got aversion for that stuffs

thank u all for ur concern

latamurali

5. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Lata,

Just a suggestion---try making nut burfis,maybe then he will like eating nuts..

6. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hi Latha,

I can understand what you must be going thru.. To my knowledge, the best solution to this problem at the moment is for you to be persistent. Clear off your house from all junk food and make only healthy stuff available. Talk to him a lot about the benefits of healthier living with examples.. I am sure you are doing that already.

I have a 4 year old son and I associate food and health with cartoon characters like tom & jerry, superman etc... I tell him that they are so strong and they are able to do all these things becos they eat healthy food.. and he gives in.

It might be hard for you in the beginning but dont lose patience. Be very persistent with your son. Make only healthy food available for him and tell him that he has to eat only what you give him.

Hope this works!
    Good Luck 8)

7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Chidambari & Shanvy,

I am trying to revive this year old discussion.

My little one (2 yrs old) is also found to be iron deficient. I really want to try this overnight making of curd rice (pouring milk over hot rice) to see whether her blood content improves.

Though I have regularly made her eat Spinach and veggies like Kovakkai and Avarakkai, raisins followed by Fruit juice packed with Vit C (I was told Vit C helps absorb iron into blood), it hasn't really improved a lot. She is a very samathu kutty and never fusses much on all that I try on her :))

Hey one tip to all moms trying to improve your kids iron or haemoglobin content - never give milk or curd rice following the foods that you give for improving iron. Vit D does not help to absorb iron into blood.

Malathy

8. spandhana

spandhana Bronze IL'ite

9. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

hi

for improving the haemo lobin ,first in the mng give the raisins (abt 4-5)soaked in water overnt.this is the solution which works for everybody n u can c the diff in abt 15-20 days.

give either fresh or dry dates during the day but c to it tht it doesnt constipate them.

give cabbage ,broccli,cauliflower ,amla ,mango,tomatoes n oranges in their food .

hope it helps.

bye
    raji