Had anyone received call letters from these schools????

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by gvart, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Hi Asha,

Didnt get any calls still....

2. Tamanna12

Tamanna12 New IL'ite

still iam waiting.......

3. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Asha,

What is the distance from your residence to the school? I live almost 3 kms from the school. Just thinking if the distance could be a criteria for not getting interview call till now.

As Meena has written, did you notice only a specific community in the interview.

4. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi asha,

some one had mentioned that in some other thread reg the questions what they have asked in the school like if the kid bed wet, what will she do when the mom and dad go to office kind of questions..... thats y i was curious to know what they asked u. anyways thanx for the post.

5. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

suha - my house is also close to 3kms from the school.. the junction of adyar/thiruvanmiyur. i even saw a parent there from velachery,but that was a sibling quota who failed to receive the card earlier (with the previous week's sibling admissions).

unfortunately suha, i dint notice any non-hindu there, which is mostly obvious from the looks. i do not know about the specific community meena mentioned about coz we can't see that from the looks. there is a high probability that a few parents that i spoke to (2 of them apart from myself) do belong to the same community (again, this is my guess from the way they spoke). i am giving this information so it helps you all. i could be wrong if i were to make any inferences from the 2 hours i spent there. HTH !

6. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the prompt reply Asha.

Checked with Sankara today. They informed that they would be sending letters till this month end. Keeping fingers crossed.

7. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Tamanna,

Did you receive any calls from Sankara?

I didnt get any

8. Tamanna12

Tamanna12 New IL'ite

Hi Suga,

I didn't get any call from the school. Iam planning to join my son in Sunshine montessery in velachery.

bye
    Sofi

9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies,

My BIL's kid is in her UKG. We wanted a change of school from 1st standard onwards.We are interested in Good Shepherd,Chettinad Vidyashram and Holy Angels.

We submitted the application form withing time in Chettinad.They said that a letter regarding entrance exam(April 11th) will be sent to our address;based on the results admissions will be proceeded.

But we haven't received the notification for entrance exam.Anybody sailing in the same boat???

Please update when you find time.Thanks all :bowdown

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  10. reachtmeena

reachtmeena New IL'ite

Hi Suha,

I checked with Sankara in person y'day. They say admissions for LKG is closed.
    Shocking ?
    I have been waiting for this school desperately for last 2 months.

3 of our common friends who have got admission for their wards, had a got it through recommendation, but when i confronted the office staff, they told me (in a not-so-polite manner) that the process of admission was through lots.

I wonder why these schools do not maintain a transparent procedure.

They make life of parents like us miserable

Meena