Had anyone received call letters from these schools????

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by gvart, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

We gave the Salary Certificate... Not sure if you happened to see the recent application forms. I applied for almost 6 schools in and around Mandaveli. All of them had a column for annual income separately for father and mother. The only exception was Shankara. Every time I fill up the application form I have this question.. What if I dont earn so much, I can manage to pay my kids fees? But we are forced to provide these details to secure an admission.

PS Senior has income level as criteria for selection.

In Hindu appln form I found a tick mark (in green) near my qualification and then on top to mention that we can be called for the interview. Means they expect the mother to be educated and probably they have a criteria (not sure of what is it).

The trend in the schools is really bad these days!!! I am so angered by what is happening. But no choice. We will have to put our kids in any of these schools.

2. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Asha,

I have paid the fees. Didnt want to take a risk.. After all frustrations, one school has given admission without any recommendation / donations. Didnt want to mess up with it..

Let Sankara come at its own pace. Have postponed the decision till they publish the results.:)...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  3. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

People have started receiving interview calls from Sankara. any of you got them?

4. Tamanna12

Tamanna12 New IL'ite

hi all,

sankara they are sending letters or they calling thro moblies. iam waiting for there call:spin

5. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Still waiting....

6. reachtmeena

reachtmeena New IL'ite

Hi All,

Shankara School have just finished the admission process for Siblings and Alumni.
    The process have just started for fresh applicants and three of my common friends have received call for interview on March 4.(Calling has been done in batches of 20)

But i noticed one thing common in all three of them who have been called, that they belong to a particular community.(i guess u got it, others i did not mean to offend) Wondering if the shortlist has been done on that basis. Any more info, pls share.

Desperate Mom,
    Meena

7. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

ladies.. we got a call (not a letter) at home phone number yesterday for today's interview, and dd has got thru. like Meena said, its happening in batches. only about 15-20 kids would have come today. questions were the typical ones. there were a few parents who were verifying there and trying to meet the principal and office incharge. if at all any of you are desperate for this school, meeting them in person could work too.

8. ramapriyah

ramapriyah New IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

I just read the posts in this site. It is atrocious schools ask for Income certificates. This is probably done, so that they can keep increasing the fees, without prior notice. Parents, esp mothers have to be qualified, because it is we, who teach/coach the kids. The school, though they take so much amount, don't bother to give individual attention. When will the system change?? When will the schools stop fleecing us?? I think there should be a mass awakening!!

Bye
    Priya.

9. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Hi
    Congrats to all those whose got thru the admission process.....im still waiting for chettinad interview call.....anyone who knows whether admission is over???

10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi friends,

can anybody share about what kind of questions do they ask the kids and the parents in the schools.