Had anyone received call letters from these schools????

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by gvart, Feb 2, 2010.

1. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hmm.. I wonder why schools have to take soooo long to select children.. what do they gain from delaying it.. I have more words but will keep it for later..

sending positive vibes your way girls..

2. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

AD - they seem to derive some saddistic pleasure out of it. they dont even have a tentative plan on when they would complete the process. something that was earlier feb end moves to march end comfortably. so what have you decided for P?

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

you are right.. in this fast paced world, why cant they make their process easier? say for instance - apply online, in a specified date a list of selected students with interview dates are published on internet or atleast on the notice board.

mine is a equally sad story.. applied for psbb in November 1st week, cards (selected/ rejected) are being sent from Feb 1st wk onwards.. it seems they are sending in batches and still I have not got mine.. My house is in the street right next to the school. I think they send one post card a day :)

4. asha_karthik

LOL.. :rotfl

true.. yesterday when i called shankara, and the lady there told they will take till march and dont know when exactly, i wanted to ask if she needed any helping hand from me.

suhasini - any info on sankara? when is your timeslot for hindu senior?

5. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Hi Asha,

Apols for the delayed reply.. had to rush back to native for an emergency..

Had the 9.10 slot at Hindu today. My lil one has got the admission there:cheers.. The process was so good. It took us an hour and 10 mins in total from our home till reach.. We were given a token and asked to sit in the library. There were some 6 - 7 ppl.. We got number 6. A lady called out each number and gave our application form and collected the salary certificate.. We were then asked to meet the Principal who queried some rhymes and object idenitification with the kids... The next moment she wrote admit in LKG and gave us the appln form... Thats really great!!!

I feel this is how the LKG admission should be instead of looking out for recommendations and donations.. I somehow liked the school look and feel. The infra seems good with a big play ground. The Princi was a nice lady and was able to converse at the level of the kids (not carrying an attitude)

Called up Sankara some 2-3 days back.. They say that they will send the call letters by 2nd week of March..

Looking at this, having a second thought, whether to go for Sankara or not. If they cannot have a clear process how the other processes will be??

What happened with your interview at Hindu?

6. asha_karthik

yes Suhasini. i was there at hindu today too in the evening. if you had come around the same time, you would have definitely noticed me and DD coz, DD kept jumping up and down, shouting and all that. i thought she was going to do some unexpected at the principals office. thankfully she found the a/c room and chocolates there too friendly the minute she entered.. and sang rhymes, identified objects like a good girl. ditto story as yours. have you paid the fees in hindu? i am in double minds too, but planning to wait till end of march first week to decide.

on a side note, am already worried about how dd would use those rest rooms, if at all. are there any schools here that have well-maintained RRs?

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

friends,

correct me. did you people give copy of salary certificate.?:spin:spin, OMG, not even at college level somebody is requested to provide.

I have never disclosed our income to the school..this is really atrocious.

I also heard from some parents, P.S wants professionally qualified parents. weightage is more to alumni, siblings, professionals, recommendation. my bil's kids study in p.s.

recently i analysed something?? maybe i am wrong..there were two parents who applied for the same school. same area too. one is too smart to look at, the other looks ok..and does not have so much communication skill. the smart one got in, while the other got rejected stating distance.

God, schools are becoming manipulators??

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Asha,

I don't think you are going to have home like RR's in schools. imagine the number of kids using them. even if the ayah cleans it every half an hour it is going to be dirty...? this was told by one of the principals of the school, though they try to keep them clean, supervise, it is not possible. more so when the school has more classes, students/class and sections...

My DH says, opening a school is the best lucrative business with some loopholes for tax evasion and exemptions...hmm maybe he is right.??

9. asha_karthik

yep.. :-(
    i guess the principal just checked the salary certificate before signing the admission form for the child.

and you are right about some schools choosing the smart-looking or smart-sounding parents over the others who qualify equally otherwise. i have observed this in more than one case with one of the very reputed schools here.

10. asha_karthik

true shan. yesterday dd wanted to go to RR in that school. i wanted to ask her to wait for some time so that we can get back home, but was sure she would refuse. on a side note - for some reason, she is fond of trying different RRs even if there isn't any urgency. so i took her there. when we went inside, she said "dirty-a irukku. veettukku pona apram polaam. ok??" as if to convince me and walked back.