1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hacking The Past Away

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi TM,

Yes, a Sad post about sweet memories..written so well that like others I could almost smell the fragrance and picture little giggly girls gathering the pavizhamalli under the tree...and can perfectly relate to your feelings as the house i grew up in mumbai is now broken down along with the huge mango tree in the center to give way for a huge apartment block....

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hi Twinsmom,

Beautiful write up with lovely image-evoking words...

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Twinsmom,

The moment I see a post by you, I know that there awaits a pure bliss! That's what I experience every time I read your posts. You are a gifted writer and it is no surprise that almost all of your posts find their way to FP forum!

Reading this post was like turning the pages of a very colorful and beautifully illustrated childrens' book. It took me to my own childhood and I could almost feel the parijathams in my hands and smell their sweet scent. I remember threading them into fine garlands which later would adorn the various Gods in the puja room.

By the end of the post, I could feel the fresh warm air around my hair and smell the Tulasi and Gandharajan and taste the crisp and sour nellikai. I was suddenly in the tropical gardens of good old India and forgot the chill around me! Says a lot about your 'penmanship'.

Only, you did not provide an answer to a very pressing question that haunted me throughout the read and still does. Why did your neighbor fell a lovely old parijatha tree? Why oh why?

L, Kamla

4. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi sri,

Yes, now that you mention it, the one in my grandfather's house had round edges...and the one in my Sasural had pointy petals...
    But whatever the size and shape, the fragrance is unparalleled.

5. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Mindi,
    I have posted the same post in my other blog in Sulekha with a lot of visuals. Somehow I am unable to upload pictures into my blog in IL. The method is too complicated for me. I really wanted to put in the visuals... Just see this:

HACKING THE PAST AWAY : verboseviju blogs on sulekha, Personal blogs, verboseviju blog from india

I wish I could do the same here.... but I am not very tech savvy. sulekha's method of uploading pictures is very user friendly... Sigh! I wish someone would teach me how to. But I have not come across any blog/post in IL with visuals included...
    I had real fun doing this in sulekha:
    THE OLD KID IN NEW BLOCK : verboseviju blogs on sulekha, Creative blogs, verboseviju blog from india

Can anyone help me? I wonder.

6. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamla,

It was not the neighbour but our athai ( husband's buaji) who did the crime. Hence we could not question her! As to why... there are noreasons or excuses except 'giving in to a sudden whim'.