1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ha!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Aug 30, 2010.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri:

To tell you frankly, I was a little worried that you would be reading me. I was worried because I knew you would immediately connect this piece, including the title, to Wodehouse. And I have to admit that it was Wodehouse who was really chasing me as I wrote this piece. Hard to deceive you man!!

Well, I will bring this to her attention. She claims in any case that it was she who made a human being out of me. I have no idea in what form she believes she found me when I was forced upon her. I am sure that she will agree with your observation.

I haven't read Herriot, but if you were to check my response to Padmini's comment, you will see that the "she" had finally arrived in person. I guess the bull that won the battle is still grazing the grassless seabeach imagining things, while the vanquished one won the prize. "Loser Takes All" as Graham Greene might have put it!!

OK, I guess I have to resolve that puzzle for you one of these days. How on earth did I escape? I admit, I don't know too clearly the answer to this million dollar question. Bengali tales don't have happy ending? I guess your perception is somewhat correct. We enjoy sobs and sniffles. But then, even Tagore wrote nonsense rhymes. Did you know? Satyajit Ray's dad Sukumar Ray was a great humorist too. Still, the point you make is ultimately correct. More tears than laughters. Watch the Bengali serials. You will know. Few like "Yeh jo hai zindagi". Or, "Everybody Loves Raymond."

For some odd reason, I wanted to figure out what the root of the word "Amen" is. I asked Google and she (ask Raba Google is a "she") said:

So, I guess Kamal and Kamla are simply saying, "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." Oj, in other words, is not lying. A bull had mistaken him for a matador!!

oj

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Indeed indeed...I bet you'd love to believe in that, indeed!!:)

L Kamla

3. ojaantrik

Thanks to Cheeniya, I know now how to respond to this.

AMEN
    oj-da​

4. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

OMG that is one mean looking bull OJ-da. Thank God, you are safe and sound and writing about that here. :rotfl

Oh please OJ-da, keep them coming these exchanges are making my day brighter....and :rotfl....now tell me if you make someone laugh isn't that the best thing one could do....one can't help but find humor even if one is getting chased by a mean bull haan??

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  5. ojaantrik

@ jaya

Thanks for laughing. I too believe that laughter is the best medicine. I mean simple hearted, clean laughter. Not the kind of laughter that can hurt people. I get scared when people speak on deep, dark problems assailing humanity. Not that they don't exist, but I don't know how they can be solved. Complaining alone cannot be the solution.

Love.

oj-da

6. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,

I think you are so affectionate to me and everyone turns to seem like me.
    HA HA HA (you won 't sue me for this 'HA' , jus now i said you are affectionate:))

Thats Iswarya who questioned our dear Oj da.:):)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  7. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

Dear Dipankar da,

You have an excellent series of posts, the camel ride and then this one! take a bow.

With your post, you made us have a virtual darshana of the forms of Jagannath, Balabhadra and the goddess Subhadra and the beach as well!

As for Ha!, that is the Su-darshana chakra, no :)

But how come, you have not enchanted us with visits to temples and other places of interest from the home state Bengal?

Geetha

8. ojaantrik

Dear Geetha:

Su-darshana chakra was it? Quite a lethal weapon that isn't it? Is my head intact in its place anymore? Need to find out from her.

Places of interest from Bengal? Let's see. May be one of these days. Tonight we go back home. I'll know if it excites me as much as Puri. If it does, I will surely let you know.

Best wishes.

Dipankar-da

9. shambavi2000

shambavi2000 Silver IL'ite

hi oj da!

A hurrah for your 'Ha'!:bowdown

Brainy chaps whose mind is cluttred with 'white noise and stochatic event' even while strolling on a beach, deserve more than a mere chase by a bull :rotfl.And why would a bull chase a mortal for no rhyme or reason (never mind the creature can neither rhyme nor reason)? Some comparison with a macho matador, ha?

Going by your name, I expected a comparison with OJ Simpson more than Jesse Owen or Husain Bolt-anyway, as the bard said, what's in a name? and as Cheeniya has pointed out, I too am reminded of Wodehouse while reading thru' your post-is it any co-incidence that I'm now reading Sunset at Blandings for the nth time?

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ,

after reading this again, i enjoyed as much as the firs time, for many parts of this i had forgotton.

Superb converstation between u and yr wife, in the restaurant, and in the room befoer and after the bull fight.

HAHA.

As only u can write.

Regards

kamal