1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ha!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Aug 30, 2010.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

@ kamal

Sigh, sigh! See the difference between a single "ha" and a sequence of "ha's". As my wife pins me to the wall with a single ha, the rest of the world begins to ha ha ha ... like recurring decimals. I sit in my dark corner crying and all of you get together to celebrate oj's misfortune, sandwiched as he is between a religious wife and an irrational bull.

If this is comedy, what is a tragedy? Next time I must come up with a soul stirring tragedy. And then all of you will be immersed in a sea of tears.

What should I tell her? 89 or 98? Which age will appeal more to a woman?

oj

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Oja-da,
    I became dumbfounded after reading your wonderful post. The different " Ha " made me think a lot> I can only express my feelings like this ,
    "
    Waif across the water,
    Soul across the room,
    Smile across the solitude,
    You glow like heavens moon."
    The way you have described your " running " made me think about
    Coyote !! Like him you could have come to a deal with that animal since you are not well trained:)!
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place.”

This happened to me after reading your post. Thank you Oja da for making my day so cheerful .
    with love
    pad

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

OJ -da,

Heee heee heee.

See I did not want you to be further disturbed with the echoes of Ha..and hence chose to bray hehehehe :rotfl.

As I type this I recall reading somewhere about your son's response to a comedy of yours which had only HAHAHAs and HEHEHEs :biglaugh.

Jaganath temple and stroll on a beach...so I guess you are in Puri right now :idea.

Having seen pic of you earlier and now of the bull, I can very well visualise the chase ...I pity you :biglaugh .

Thanx for making me laugh so much today.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  4. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

ROFL!
    its hilarious

5. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

I know that one should not ask a woman's age. But just now I understood that the same applies to a man also :bonk Great escape :biglaugh:biglaugh

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ
    This gem of a domestic conversation is very much like the typical face-off between Lord Emsworth and his bossy sister Lady Constance Keeble who always has something to say about whatever His Lordship does. If this conversation preceding a visit to Jagannath Temple is a sample of what goes on between the two of you daily, honestly I envy you! Such conversations stimulate the mind particularly if one side keeps repeating a terse ‘Ha’. It is very difficult to continue the conversation when all that the other party has to say is a mere ‘Ha’. Now I know that all your brilliant twists and turns in whatever you write about are a result of your constant effort to match your wife’s ‘Ha’ with a suitable repartee.

Coming to your encounter with an angry bull that is weighed down by the shame of defeat in the hands (or horns) of a more capable bull, I can visualize what may be going on in the mind of the bull being an avid fan of James Herriot the British veterinarian who turned a writer. I must first correct your surmise that the presence of a cow is necessary to launch two contending bulls into a long war of personal acrimony. James Herriot would say that even the thought of the cow in contention is enough to drive them crazy.

I am glad that the story had a happy ending though you have not spelt out in detail how you escaped the menacing bull. All I can guess is that your sprint on this occasion might have put the legendary Jesse Owen to shame and the in-form Usain Bolt feel highly challenged. Bengali stories hardly have a happy ending and I am happy this one has!

A brilliantly funny piece of writing OJ! I can hear both Kamal and Kamla saying ‘Amen!’
    Sri

7. ojaantrik

@ padmini

What a response to my silly nonsense!! Deeply impressed good friend. "Waif across the water ... smile across the solitude ..." How wonderfully put. I am at a loss for words.

Fortunately, I didn't have to come to terms with with the bull though. He found his own solution.

Here is how he looked after he missed me. As lonely as lonely can ever be.

resized_a_bull.jpg

I kept watching out for him all through yesterday and, finally, this is what I discovered. He had found his happiness at last it seemed.

resized_cow_bull.JPG

And that carries a message for me. Girls don't necessarily choose a winner. I have been a perenial loser in almost everything in life. Had I met this bull in my younger days, I might have tried out my luck with women.

But am I not a man? And is not a man stupid?

Love.

oj-da

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  8. ojaantrik

@ Saraswathipv

What does this mean dear friend?

You heee heee heee-ed, then pitied and finally thanked me for making you laugh such a lot! I want to know why all the ILites are so happy to see me chased by a bull!! :rant

Craziness thy name is woman!!! :crazy

Love.

oj-da

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  9. ojaantrik

@ vennelaaaa

Goodness gracious me! :drowning Does this look hilarious to you?

Hmmm ...

Love.

oj-da

10. ojaantrik

No, no. Don't get me wrong. You can always ask me how old I am. The only trouble is that I am so old that I fogotten what age means. Like "The Old Man and the Sea". Yet, didn't he happily dream of lions after losing the biggest battle ever?

You remind me of Eliot too.

"No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
    Am an attendant lord, one that will do
    To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
    Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
    Deferential, glad to be of use,
    Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
    Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
    At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—
    Almost, at times, the Fool.

I grow old … I grow old …
    I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

..."

Love.

oj-da