1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H4's should get an EAD to work-- join us!!

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Maya.K, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Maya.K

Maya.K New IL'ite

:iagreeDear All:

I know there are numerous people who are on H4 visa here in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">USA</st1:place></st1:country-region> and struggling to get out of home and work. All tied up in 4 walls only coz H4 visa holders do not have the authorization to work.
    Come on guys, when L2 dependant visa holders can get an EAD and permit to work then why cant H4 dependants get the same privilege ? Is this not a discrimination? Are we not being deprived of the rights that we should be getting? Are we doing justice to our careers? Aren’t 90% of H4 visa holders doctors, engineers, lawyers, MBA’s?? Are we not ruining our careers ? Are we not loosing our self esteem and independence ? are we not highly qualified and skilled to take up challenging jobs in the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">US</st1:country-region></st1:place> ?
    We all know what it is with the H1B visa. In such a scenario how can we even expect some professional life for ourselves. But are the law makers aware of this situation of ours ? Laws are amended only when they are put forward and witnessed as a problem and issue of concern. Does the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">US</st1:place></st1:country-region> government know about this ? Does US know that it has immense store house of talent in the form of H4 visa holders ?

It has to change. H4’s should get some kinda reform else we will ruin our careers and life. If you are on the similar line then come forward and join us, in our change!!
    Let your voice be heard!! Let H4’s get their independence.
    Plz do the foll:
    1) Visit the website – www.change.org
    2) Type in “Improve the conditions of H4 dependant visa individuals in the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">US</st1:country-region></st1:place>”
    3) Register yourself and become a member – Its FREE !!!
    4) Invite all your friends, relatives to join in
    5) Post your thoughts, take actions, read the on going progress by members.

Together we can. So lets join hands and help ourselves.

Regards,
    MAYA.

2. surya123

surya123 Senior IL'ite

this is really a thought...... where to post it in that.....

3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Surya123 ,

Trust me , its not going to work.. dont make things complicated.

4. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

yes ..Maya...this is not going to work...especially in the present situations...even the persons holding H1b are suffering and trying hard to hold onDrowning...at this point in time...I feel this is not fair...

Even the Americans are struggling to get a job with layoffs happening everyday and this idea would add fuel to fire....

just my 2 cents...no offense intended

5. Siri1920

Siri1920 New IL'ite

Yes I agree with Ranchu and sravantika though I have the feeling of wat MAYA said.