1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H4 And Mother Of Infant And Toddler

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sumalynux, Nov 10, 2016.

1. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Hi

I am looking for group who is Sahm and mother of Infant and toddler..

Let's discuss baby recipes, baby health
    And how to manage baby alone and manage house in usa with out maid and other family members.

Mother: Suma
    Baby: Tharun
    Yrs:. 1.3years...

2. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi Suma,
    Happy to join this group thread...
    I am SAHM and on L2 visa..
    I have a 3.2yr old son...

sumalynux likes this.
  3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Hello,
    Happy to join. Sham for past 8 years on H4. Mother to a 3 year old and soon to be mom of baby#2 in February.

gknew and sumalynux like this.
  4. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Hello SAHM for a year and half. Baby almost 15 months

sumalynux likes this.
  5. sumalynux

Hello all welcome to group...

@aspha @gknew ur kids are off diapers??
    Do they go to preschool???

@blindpup10

How are you managing diaper free time..
    Ur little one lets u do cooking n other works?? Mine holds my legs if i enter kitchen.. Expects me to sit with him all time.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  6. blindpup10

@sumalynux- No diaper free time :tired: 24/7 in the diaper. How do you do diaper free time? Is it like potty training? Please share.. coz I have no idea.
    In the US babies get potty trained at around 18 months. So.. kinda completely using this opportunity to not clean pee and poo from the floor..
    Yes yes... my DS also doesnt let me do anything when he is awake... I usually have a mat in the kitchen area with some of his toys in the kitchen for him to be occupied.
    I try to cook everything when DS naps. When he is awake I have to be with him:sweat:

sumalynux likes this.
  7. sumalynux

We recently came to usa.. My son was in India for 1full year so he was used to diaper only in night and day times just cotton pants.. So when I started using diaper 24/7 he got severe rashes I tried all rash creams for 1 full month then I got crazy and I just put pants 3 full days n diaper only nights.. He peed n pooped in pants.. End of 3days his rash got cleared completely...

My husband shared this with his colleague n learnt 4 people of 6 do tis just pants at home n most of pee will b in pants n yes carpets get wet a little.. But looks like it's ok..And I asked a guy who comes for apartment maintenance as he was bit friendly.. He said it's ok mam only pets pee/poop smell or leave stain.. every 6months you can do vinegar washing of carpets.. so far 2 months I have left him pee in pants ... Diaper only during noon naps and night..

I dono if it's right or wrong I don't known if apartment guys are gonna hold some money for carpet cleaning when we vacate but my son is rash free and am happy...

blindpup10 likes this.
  8. blindpup10

@sumalynux- Cotton pants is the best way to potty train kids. That's what I have read. I need to start doing it soon :sweatsmile: I dont know how hard it will be.

Don't worry about the carpet. Whenever your kids pees or poo try damp it up and spray vinegar with baking soda. If there is any smell it will do the job.

When you are vacating, just rent out "rug doctor" and clean the carpet- you will get your deposit back :thumbup:

What diaper brand do you use? I used Pampers then Costco brand( much cheaper) Now again back to Pampers ( cost wise I got a monthly deal)
    In case, rash happens use Desitin. This is really good.
    Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    sumalynux likes this.
  9. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi sums,
    I am yet to put him in preschool... We have recently moved to US..
    And abt diapers, he is not potty trained yet... Using the diapers for nights,daytime naps and outings..

sumalynux likes this.
  10. sumalynux

Yes am using pampers from time he's born not Changed to anything.

Yes used desitin only for month.. Healed got back healed got back..

So now happily using cotton pants all day.. only naps night n outing diaper..

Oh thanks about rug doctor info...

Every evening I soak peed cotton pants in bucket rinse, then soak in liquid detergent for 30mins rinse then soak in dettol water 10mins n put for line drying. Coz of heater it will easily dry.. today 6pm i do wash n drying tom 10am its ready

Mery likes this.