1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

h1b extension - urgent

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by ashwini999, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

had any one been in this situation.
    am in US right now..h1b 3rd yr expiring on sep 2010..
    i want to go to india for a 7 month vacation...will be applying for h1b extension
    while in india after 7 months...my employer has a branch in india also..

please let me know,does this gap, causes any issues while filing my h1b extension

is it Ok if i dont have pay stubs for these 7 months..please advise how to proceed with this situation..and get y h1b extension approved and get the visa stamp succssfully

2. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

Ashwini, it is only 3 months more for September. Apply for extension from here only before you leave. please check with your employer if you can leave usa before getting reciept back from uscis.
    i usually start the process 6 months in advance for extensions.

3. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Ashiwini,
    You dont need to be get paid while you are outside USA while on H1 status, so, there is no issue of missing pay stubs while you are outside USA (this is applicable for any H1 case).
    On the other hand , as Shrikala is advising you, I would second her advice of applying NOW!! before leaving the county. You can apply for the renewal as soon as 6 months before the expiration date of the current approval.
    Good luck

4. veenausa99

veenausa99 New IL'ite

Hi ashwini,
    Ask you employer to apply for you H1B extension now and I have two options for you
    option 1: If your H1B visa on your PP is valid till 7 months from now, you can use your approved H1b extension and enter back into USA with your Valid H1B visa on your PP. You need to enter into USA before the H1B visa expires on your PP. No need of going to tedious consulate interivew.

Option 2: if your H1B visa on your PP expires sometime in sep 2010. you need to attend the consulate interview with your extended approved H1B visa. GOOD LUCK WITH IT. Consulate would ask all your janma kundali right from your day 1 in USA. And if your employer is a consulting firm, then they might even ask for client PO, invoices, etc. Its all your luck stars at consulate interview.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010