1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H1-B visa validity...

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by shrutidunwoody, Oct 6, 2013.

1. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Hi.
    My husband was on a H1-B visa in USA working for an employer. However, he quit the job and we moved to Singapore in Sept 2012. However, his passport still has H1-B visa validity as Sept 2014 & my passport has the same for H4 validity. Now if he wants to join the same employer and return back to US, how does it work ? Does his company have to file a totally new H1-B ? Also does our SSN/ITIN from before still be valid or has to be applied from scratch. My husband has been in US for 10 years before moving to SG. We left in Sept 2012 and he has been on H1-B visa with the same company since March 2005.
    I appreciate your responses and help in this matter.

Thanks

2. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

yes...he can but for same employer who had sponsored his H1. SSN will also be valid .

SSN and ITP is unique identification generated for once in a life time.

3. shrutidunwoody

Thanks priya for your reply...But i heard from few people that once you leave usa , your h1b visa ends too..are u sure that H1 is valid if sponsered by the same employer....has anyone of your friends or relatives gone through the same process to usa...Plz can you tell me...waiting for your reply again...

Thanks once again...

4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Yes...this is very common in indian IT companies where onsite offshore model works. H1B is multiple entry visa not single entry given that no change in employer. Current employer is same as sponsered employer. Even I am on H1B and have similar scenario.I was in USA from last 2 years, went back india for 4-5 months worked at offshore and now back to USA on same visa. My DH had made multiple rounds of USA using same H1.

Scenario what your friends have mentioned only in case if visa is not stamped (mostly in case of extension where people get approval is USA it self) In such cases once you get out of USA, you need to get your visa stamped or your visa is expired and approval is in process.
    What I got from your post, you have fresh H1 and it's stamped and valid. Then no issue

5. shrutidunwoody

thank you priya for your prompt reply once again...Lets hope what you say happens...Thanks for clearing my doubts...Thanks once again.

6. rohanburra

rohanburra Silver IL'ite

Ssn is for the lifetime...