1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Gynecologists in and around New Jersey

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by ramya_psk, Mar 31, 2007.

1. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dear Friends,

Today i had my general checkup& paps smear test with :

Dr. Annapurna Ramanarayanan
    (736 Amboy Ave
    Edison, NJ, 08837
    Phone Number: 732-738-1900).

I like to share my experience here, so that it might be helpful to others in someway.

I will rate this doctor as excellent. When i say excellent here, i am considering her way of handling, office staff, enviornment, waiting time everything.,

Her staff was very good in organising things and she patiently cleared all the doubts regarding clinic hours, other questions.

Regarding doctor, she is very simple and very friendly too. Infact i was little nervous about the test and first visit. She explained me and cleared everything well in advance, waited for me to ask her any questions if i have any doubts . Finally i was veryclear,i said no questions.

When staff was busying in taking printout of Insurance and other documents, doctor herself attended and answered very politely the calls which they got in that meantime. She was down to earth in other activies also which i noticed.

Only thing that makes me concert is no weekend appointment, only weekdays on specific days she is availble. But anyway as i am totally satisfied with her service don't mind alternating my schedule to make a visit on weekdays.

Her timings: Tuesday (1.30p.m-7p.m), Wed(1p.m-4p.m)& Thrus(9a.m-1p.m), very rare Monday is open. My luck, just called today to check if any appointment is availble, i got it. Then the staff said we rarely work on Mondays.

All the best.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hi Usha,

She has very good ratings in ratemds.com too, but I read that she doesn't do OB any more - only GYN. Any clues?

Indu

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Indu,

No idea dear,but while giving appointment her staff asked "Are you pregnant",i said no just general checkup.

If she takescare of delivery,it would be really nice for many pregnant ladies.

While my visit i saw mixed patients(white,indian,korean).

4. sandhya984

sandhya984 New IL'ite

Hi Gals,

I saw some reviews about Dr.Rama.. my two cents here.. I also went to her for my periods problem.. Her way of handling patients and their concerns are good. She recommended me to take pelvic ultrasound. I took it. She told me that if the results are normal, i dont hav to come baq.. If not, she herself will call me and let me know the status and also she gave some hormone tablets.. I got the call from the doctor office saying that everything is normal. Even after that my problem was not solved. So, Yesterday I went to doctor for check up and I told that i want the copy of the results.. Lady in the front desk told that some important information(some thickness info) is missing in the pelvic ultrasound result report.. I was totally shocked. In front of me, she called the University Radiology and asking them to fax the correct report.. I m still wondering how the people in doctor office called and told me that my results are normal. I am seeing mixed reviews about Dr.Rama.. i m really scared/confused to go there again.. if anyone knows any gud gyno in and around Edison area, plz suggest me..

Thanks for your help

5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sandhya984,

You can go to Dr. Annapurna Ramanarayanan. Refer my previous mail where i shared my experience about doctor and office visit.

6. lakshmiv7

lakshmiv7 New IL'ite

hello friends,

i need suggestion from u people.

iam married 8 months back.... i have problem with regulation of periods... am suffering from PCOS from 1 year... previously my periods were irregular but after the treatment in india my periods were regular...

Now problem started again... my periods became irregular... i dont want to conceive now...

could any one please suggest how to come out of pcos problem and any good gynea doctor in and around secaucus,jersey city,hoboken,west newyork..

am really very thankful to the helpful suggestion...

Thanku frnds...

7. sandy030708

sandy030708 New IL'ite

Hi all,

We live in jersey city(bleecker st),we r planning to have baby .
    i am looking for good gynecologist in jersey city.could u plz suggest me
    good gyn docotors.

thanks alot.

8. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sandy,

Wow! the main keyword made me to reply is bleecker st, because that is where i started my days after landing U.S.

We were there for 3yrs in same street at 26,just last yr shifted to this new place. Wow! central avenue,deals&discounts...sorry for diverting after seeing street name.

Then if youare comfort with male doctor, then Dr.Rahula raja is best.He is in 60yrs,veryvery comfortable, he did delivery for me. You can walk to palisade ave,take a van...he is next to waverly street.

It is very near,i went myself alone during pregnancy when my hubby was busy wth his project. Read this thread from starting we have discussed about this doctor& many more.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  9. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lakshmiv,

Please read this thread from starting,many has already shared their reviews,surely you will find one thats suits you.

All the best

10. sandy030708

sandy030708 New IL'ite

Hi Usha,

Thanks for reply,

i am 28 now , i got married 3 yr back and my periods r regular,we r planing for kids from past 5months i dont know what is the problem there is no result.just want to consult gynecologist to check is any problems in me
    can u tell me what test i have to do when i go for check up
    i read this thread from starting ,one of my friends also suggested me
    Dr rahula.but after seeing reviews some gave -ve reviews about rahula .
    that why i am thinking

usha do u have any idea about Dr Amtul Khaleq

Dr Amtul Khaleq
    3624 JFK Blv
    jersey city,07307,
    201-656-3024

Thanks alot usha