Gyne in Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Abu Dhabi' started by anjalign, May 1, 2009.

1. a123

a123 New IL'ite

Is this Dr Jayalakshmi still avialable in Ahalya? Anybody know any malayali psycho therapists in Abu Dhabi?

2. a123

a123 New IL'ite

Is Dr Jayalakshmi still in Ahalya?

Thanks,

3. september

september Bronze IL'ite

yes ..........she is still available at ahaliya hospital .

4. sansam

sansam New IL'ite

Dear a123,There is a good psychotherapist in ahalya hospital named Tharakarani.Even psychiatrist is a malayalee,Dr.Murali.Both r good.

5. a123

a123 New IL'ite

Thanks September, Thanks Sansam for your replies.

Thanks

6. sofiya

sofiya New IL'ite

Hi ladies!

Just thought of giving u all some info by sharing my delivery experience at Lifeline Hospital in Abu Dhabi. I had always heard great reviews about the hospital and the doctors at Lifeline and therefore decided to see Dr. Akila during my pregnancy. She is a great gyne and a wonderful person. Extremely friendly, approachable, well qualified and experienced and always took time to answer all queries and clear out all doubts. I was extremely satisfied with her throughout my pregnancy and therefore decided to deliver with her at the Lifeline. As my due date approached I was shown around the hospital rooms, advised on how to prepare for the day of my delivery and so on.

However giving birth at the hospital was one of the most dreadful experiences for me :thumbsdown. I went into labor in the middle of the night and went to the hospital. My husband and mum were allowed in the room with me. However there was not even a single chair for them to sit on inside the room and they said they didnt have any. It wouldnt have been so bad except that I was in labor for 32 hrs and they had to stand the whole time. Even outside the room there were chairs but as morning approached and people came by for their regular appointments there was no place at all. This was just the start. All was ok but when I had to deliver it was again the middle of the night and the hospital was highly understaffed since there were 3 other ladies in labor as well. I had only one mid-wife with me when I had to deliver and the doctor had to keep coming and going to attend to all the ladies. So they were asking my mom and husband to support me since they didnt have enough mid-wives. In the end i had a c-section and guess what they tell us. There are no rooms available in the hospital since all the rooms have been rented out to some sports association for the players. Since I had an asthma attack after my c-section I was kept in the ICU and the other ladies who had a normal delivery had to stay in the labor rooms itself coz there were no rooms vacant and they were discharged directly from there the next day. They were supposed to move me out of the ICU the next day but again no rooms. So I was kept in the ICU for the next 2 days and since it was the ICU my baby couldnt be with me :cry:. Finally after a lot of hassle and arguing :rant with the hospital management I was given a day care room. I was told to have a bath with warm water. But guess what the room did not even have a tap for water. So they had to fill buckets from somewhere else for me and I was given a kettle for warm water. The towels which were given had big holes in them eaten away by God knows what. One more night to be spent at the hospital and my mom was staying back with me. But guess wat they had no facilities for movable beds for the person staying in with patients. I guess they expected them to sleep on the floor or sumthing. So my mom got her own mattress, bedsheet, pillow and blanket from home. Yes believe it or not tht's true. If this was not enough guess what we were told the next morning. My baby cannot be given a bath today because due to shortage of rooms even the baby bath room has been converted into a in-patient room. This was it for me :bang. I forced the management and doctor to discharge me the same day since it was impossible for me to stay with my baby in such a horrible hospital anymore. A few days later I came down with pneumonia and when I went to the hospital again I was told I might have to be admitted again but they still had no rooms available. So again I would have to stay in the ICU and when I refused they themselves advised me to go to New Medcial Centre hospital. In the end thank God I got better and didnt need to be admitted again.

I would never ever recommend anyone to deliver at the lifeline hospital. Maybe others have had good experiences with them but for me it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Although the doctors including Dr. Akila, Dr. Sajira, the anesthetist and nurses were very caring and understanding they themselves were not in a position to make any comments on the mismanagement of the hospital. Lifeline hospital is a big NO NO tsk from me! The only good part of it all was my beautiful, healthy baby :queen.

So ladies be careful when you choose a hospital especially for pregnancy and delivery since this is supposed to be the most beautiful experiences of your life. But for me Lifeline Hospital managed to turn it into a nightmare!!!

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  7. mnnair

mnnair New IL'ite

Hi all,

I agree Lifeline is very commercial and my personal experience is Dr. Mary Robert forces a C-setion where a normal pregnancy can be done, the hospital and doctor works in tandem. I would not advise Dr. Mary to any one.

cheers.

nair:thumbsdown:thumbsdown:thumbsdown:thumbsdown