1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Guy stopped talking after i asked him to show his certificates and business documents

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nolife, May 17, 2015.

1. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I am a divorcee and looking for matches. I got this divorcee match 1.5 years back. Apart from job, i really liked the way he communicated that time and i thought of marrying him if things work out. That time he was working in some xyz company and he said that he will show me all the documents during first meet. I also realised that he was not keen on working.We both decided to have couple of more meetings . He did not turn up for the following 2-3weeks. Later i called and he said that he will meet but again failed to meet. I was quite angry and dropped my call quite harshly saying that i have other options. I am working for good company and earning decent salary.

Now after 1.5 years i see him on whatsapp. He recently registered that number. I casually spoke to him and came to know that he is still unmarried and on look out. He left his IT job and doing some business.
    We started chatting and he only proposed me if i am interested to marry him. I told him that i am ok but little concerned about his job.
    what i felt about him is he does not have clarity on career- he says he owns a car garage (at him home town) which is far away from whr i work, he is interested in becoming judge as he did law - he is taking some cases as advocate, now he also says he applied canada PR and want to work in canada.
    He also told me that he owns a small company which works on android apps.
    I told him to show the documents as i cannot trust any one due to my experience with ex.
    As he does not have a regular job, my friends even asked me to chk his property.
    I did not ask him those details just the work related. I told him that i can go ahead with him only if he gives me clarity about that. After that he stopped talking to me completely. It is me who has been pinging him. He now says that he sees me as a friend and he cannot feel for any women at this age.
    He got me added to all my mail accounts and FB.
    is it wrong from my end to ask the documents? Please advice

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Guy stopped talking after i asked him to show his certificates and business docum

No you are not wrong for taking care of yourself. But stop interacting with the guy...you sensed something wrong before and you should remember to honor your own intuition. I really don't know why folks think that they should trust someone that they meet online but if it is about marriage then somehow normal common sense is thrown out the window. As you sensed, he was not legitimate. People with nothing to hide don't act like this.

2 people like this.
  3. msindu

msindu Bronze IL'ite

Re: Guy stopped talking after i asked him to show his certificates and business docum

He's fake. Also it is impossible for him to get job in Canada. They are not open to abroad degrees. He is lying to you.

1 person likes this.
  4. msindu

msindu Bronze IL'ite

Better find a honest guy even if he does not make hefty salary atleast he will be loyal to you.

1 person likes this.
  5. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

This guy doesn't seem to have a stable job - IT/lawyer/Canada/Garage. He seems to be bluffing. And if somebody was being honest they would have shown the documents instead of stopping all communication. You should stay away from him.

1 person likes this.
  6. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

Yesterday he updated me that his parents have seen a girl. I realized that it is waste to talk to him and removed him every where from social networks. Feeling really low about all this.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

common you had a lucky escape and you are feeling low about it?
    jump with joy,girl.....God is with you.

I am sure the girl seeing story is just smoke screen on his side to make you jealous.......you should have replied to say that atleast show your documents to this poor victim.......

2 people like this.
  8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

India: 600-700 million men and you are worrying you won't find a man and feeling bad about this one dopey guy?

1 person likes this.
  9. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP,Better sorry now than later.He is bluffing. How many things can a person do at one time. He lacks single mindedness. I think you wud have ended up being the bread winner.The girl decided is also a big bluff. I have heard such stories myself.One uncle my parents were talking to gave a horoscope reason and backed off telling they finalized some other girl. Later when my marriage was settled, he called and pestered my parents to see me telling being a guy's family we are showing interest and yet you don't want to do anything. He thot of himself as royalty personified. Can imagine how the nephew will be like.

The point is you will get better. He is an airhead and has ulterior motive behind coming back to you. You are independent and that can be a huge plus for a layabouts like him.He is not worth mooning over too. Get on with your life. Enroll in some marriage sites and do your own research.You will find one.He is not the one. Good Luck.

1 person likes this.
  10. msindu

msindu Bronze IL'ite

Even if his qualifications are correct. He is avoiding you, what is the guarantee he won't be avoiding you after marriage for the sake of money or other reasons?

1 person likes this.