Guruvayoor Ekadasi

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by priyavimal, Dec 27, 2009.

1. priyavimal

priyavimal New IL'ite

Hi friends

Im a big guruvayoor appan bhaktha, but im still confused how to do guruvayoor ekadasi, can u belive that? :) so can anyone please talk about it and explain more , how to fast during that times, and the rituals. im sure many of you might know more about it.

2. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

I dont know much about the rituals of this day,this is a very spritual day for me.
    i usually clean up everything the day before,get up early in the morning and take bath,after which i light lamp and chant narayaneeyam(listen to daskam 100) and as usual pray.This day you are supposed to do a fast.so no grain.i have nuts,fruits and milk and if at any time i end up having gas and headache i would take in some upma.and i do mediate one time on this day.and try to go temple.Basically these will make you spiritual.just chant simple om namo narayana.keep negative thoughts away,try to think postive,just make this a calm spiritual ,positive day and pray for your loved ones rather than for you.i think this will do,i am sure God will Bless you in some way or other.

Om Namo Narayana !