Guruji and Me

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Tamildownunder, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Hi raji,

I have given at the start of the thread how I came to know Gnananda Swamikal. Only in 2003 I came to know of him when I stayed in Haridos Giri Ashram run by Mrs. Rani Kanaganayagam in London. I had seen several videos of Gnananda Swamikal and Haridos Giri Swamikal. I read the biography written on Gnananda Swamikal and was excited to see reported in it about my father's cousin Sri.M. Ananathanarayanan (who was the chief justice of Madras High Court ) visiting Thapovan and his many articles on Gnananda Swamikal. Two years' stay in Haridos Giri Ashram during which I met Namaji and Guruji's sister Kalyani mami who came to London and stayed in the same house. We used to have bhajans every Saturday evening followed by Satsang where people used to exchange stories about their encounters with Gnanada Swamikal. I met Sri. Ganesh Kumar from Mumbai who used to narrate how he used to play on the lap of Swamikal. Here, in this thread I have posted how Swamikal helped me to solve a difficult problem in my work. I have also composed songs on Swamikal which I used to sing during bhajans. But, unfortunately here in Melbourne there are not many followers and so I could not start a Mandali. But, I pray to him daily and keep singing songs like' Gnanada Gurum bhaje', 'En manthuthavane', 'Anbe aaravamuthe arutkadale avinasa'. I will share more as and when I remember.

Gnanada Swamikaluku Jai

Radhe Krishna

TDU

2. Tamildownunder

Dear ladies,

Today I remembered Guruji's following song on Gnananda Swamikal.

Siyapathi Ramachandra ki Jai
    Radhapathi Krishnachandra ki Jai
    Gowripathi Chandrachood ki Jai
    Pavana Sutha Hanumanu ki Jai
    Thapovana Gnananda ki Jai

Radhe Krishna

3. rajisri1

rajisri1 New IL'ite

Hi Jeyenthi Krishna,

have you posted articles/incidents about Sri Gnanananda Giri Swamigal in Gnana Oli? I have seen articles/miracles about Swamigal that took place in Malaysia. You reminded me of them. Please reply.

raji

4. jayanthikrishnan

jayanthikrishnan New IL'ite

No Raji but I remember Swamiji very vividly even now.He told me stories of how he has come to Malaysia and knows Ramalinga Swamigal. When I met him in 1968 it was said that he was over 100 years old.I can believe that cause he has known Ramalingas Swamigal . In fact he went on a trip to ceylon malaysia --visited batu cavethe hill to see lord Muruga ---and that must have been by foot as those days there were no planes.----- What touched me about him was his simplicity, and the calmness and peace and secure feeling you get when you are wiyh him.

5. rajisri1

rajisri1 New IL'ite

In one way I am very unfortunate because when I met Him last, I was barely 6 months old. My father named me "Rajeswari" after Him only, as Swamigal does pooja for RajaRajeswari mugham regularly. I have only seen Him in my dreams just as my imagination serves me... If I am right, from my 11th standard, I started reading Gnana Oli books and asked my father too to subscribe for the same. He is my Guru and I am fortunate to have Him as my guru in this birth. It has to continue the same for my next births too... I am eagerly waiting to go to Thapovanam to fall at His feet. I have named my son as Gnanasubramanian and my daughter Gnanambika as their Sharma names... Let Sri Swamigal be with us always and bless us throughout this life of ours...

raji

6. rajisri1

rajisri1 New IL'ite

Hi jeyanthi,

I have read in Gnana oli about the bajans held at a devotees home... were they the ones who wrote about "moochu vida kashtama irukku?" bringing the statues of Swamigal in the flight and they tried to put a frame around the statue... they got a dream of twin babies being suffocated and not able to breathe with plastic papers covered around their faces? I was just curious. Thats it.

raji

7. jayanthikrishnan

jayanthikrishnan New IL'ite

Its nice to read of swamiji.no raji not the devotees from here tha t the incident happened. i know the book on all the songs. Its the book all use in Thapovanam during prayers.I do get invitation and request for donations or if one wants to do puja at Thapovanam on his bday or pournami from Thapovanam. The cards come with his picture on it. maybe the next time I receive one shall send you one.--jayanthi

8. rajisri1

rajisri1 New IL'ite

Yes, I have that book with all songs. I also some of the cassettes of those songs. I often do the padha pooja with a photo I have at home"Swamigal with all the four padhukas - two of Adi Sankara and two of Himself" as you would have known. We too have given our names for doing the padha pooja on our birthdays there in Thapovanam. I celebrated my son's ayushhomam there. It was all His grace only we were able to make for it. It was so peaceful and everybody in our family felt that unique simple pleasure and joy in the function.

raji

9. Tamildownunder

Dear Ladies,

I am enjoying and getting lot of info in your exchanges. I would like to mention that I have visited 'Subramanya sthala' near Mangalore , the birth place of Gnananda Swamikal. Ofcourse, at that time of visit I did not know this fact. It is a serene place on top of a hill and the temple there still maintains the old values.

10. Tamildownunder

Dear Ladies,

Today I remembered 'Lalitha navrathna maalai' originally composed by Agathiyar and given by Gnannada Swamikal. It is equivalent of Lalitha Sahasra Namam and people who sing this will get all boons.

Sri Lalitha Navarathana Malai.

Saranam
    Jnana Ganesa saranam saranam
    Jnana iskandha saranam saranam
    Jnana sathguru saranam saranam
    Jnana nantha saranam saranam

Neelam
    Mulak kanale! saranam saranam
    Mukthiya! mudhale saranam saranam
    Kola kiliye saranam saranam
    Gunratha olik kuvaiye! Saranam
    Nelath thiru meniyela nenaivai