Guruji and Me

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Tamildownunder, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayanthikrishnan

jayanthikrishnan New IL'ite

it is so nice to know that so many rmember swamiji. I met gnananda swamiji when i just sat for my p.u.c. and as was leaving tapovanam he told that my results would be there and hat i have got good marks and will go into college . his age hen was over 100 and he looked so fit, walked so fast and had the most enviable baby sooth skin with not a wrinkle. he lived a true life of a swmiji where he ate simple little food once a day and in a room with no light.BUT his vision was very very good.it was nice to hear stories from him and get laddus that are hung in a bsaket in his room. sweet memories.

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Actually, my mom was staying there in thapovanm when she was pregnant with me and hence, she asked Him to name me and He named me too which is my gift or what to say!!!

So, my mom would share lots of stories as she had months and months of experiences and my entire family, they all use to subscribe for Gnana oli every month. Even now, whenever go out(any of us), use to keep His photo with us as my mom strongly believes that He will bring us safely to home, isnt it??

Before conclude this, thanks for sharing yr experience and pls do share more, if any. It is really nice to know abt Him a lot. FYI, i am forwarding all yr msgs to my cousin too!!

Rgds.

3. jayanthikrishnan

jayanthikrishnan New IL'ite

AMI thanks.infact he was my moms guru in her last birth and thats how she met him by chance. he told her if anything is to happen i will make you know before hand . it is true she has this premonitions. here on pournami days the followers meet in the temple and sing bajans and some times some one who knows him well will be invited to talk .

4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

I have not seen Gyananda Swamikal in person. But, I have seen number of videos taken for example at the time of Guruji's initiation. What attracted me towards Gyannda Swamikal is his ever smiling face full of karunai and his simplicity. Today, I recall one more story about Swamikal.

Once, Gyannda Swamikal asked haridos swamikal and Namaji to go Pandarpur Vittala temple. After reaching the temple and doing all the poojas they realised that they have lost the money for the return ticket. Both were praying to Lord Vittala when one man approached them and gave them the money. They took the money gratefully and returned to Thapovan. As soon as they eneterd Gyananda Swamikal asked them, 'Oh, you lost the money and got the return fare from a devotee'. They were stunned since in those days of poor communication how Swamikal had come to know of thier plight. Such was his drishti.

Gyannda Swamikaluku Jai,

Radhe Krishna

5. Tamildownunder

Today I remembered one more story about Gyananda Swamikal. This I heard from Namaji when he visited London.

Guruji has given a bhajan song 'Prabho Ganapathe paripoorna vaazhvarulvaye'. In that song the following lines are interesting.

கோடி கோடி மத யானைகள் பணி செய்ய
    குன்றென விளங்கும் பெம்மானே

When Gyananda Swamikal, Haridos Swamikal, Namaji and others went to Thekkadi near Madurai, they went on a boat in the lake as is done by everyone who visits Thekkadi so that one can spot wild animals coming to drink water in the lake especially in the early morning. As they were going on the boat suddenly they spotted a herd of elephants swimming towards the boat very fast. Guruji, Namaji and others thiught these are wild elephants and they are coming to attack the boat. But, Gyananda Swamikal stood smiling. As the elephants neared the boat, to every one's surprise one big elephant raised its thumbikai and kept a lotus flower at the feet of Gyannda Swamikal. It is this episode that has been put as the two lines in the song given above.

Gyananda Swamikaluku Jai

Radhe krishna

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Very nice story to read and of course, about His Great powers too. Actually, this song, my mom would sing very often and did not realize the meaning until read yr msg(!) and have this book of Swamikal where the songs , the people use to sing in Thapovanam like navinikka manaminikka, naanmuhan navinil, aganidhadara etc.

My mom would sing all Swamigal songs during navarathiri and she never keeps golu at my parent's place. Still, she considers Swamikal as a Ambal and do pooja, songs, neivedhyam just like they use to do in Thapovanam!!!

Thanks.

7. Tamildownunder

In continuation of the great stories about Gyananda Swamikal, the one story when he restored speech to a dumb is interesting. The father of the boy who was not able to speak brought him to Thapovan and Swamikal asked the father to leave the boy with him. After several days, Swamikal took the boy to his house and to the utter joy of the parents the boy had started speaking. This has been brought in a song on Gyananda Swamikal as,

ஊமைக்கு அருள் செய்தவா

8. rajisri1

rajisri1 New IL'ite

Hi all,

Nice to see all the messages here. My joy knows no bounds to see them. Nice to hear about His stories. I am a staunch devotee of Sri Gnanananda Giri Swamigal.He has made miracles and miracles all through my life and I always feel His presence whenever I think of Him. I have seen Him as my father,mother,brother,friend,philosopher,guide etc.... we are His babies and if we surrender ourself, we can see our difficulties passing by without being involved in it.

Gnanananda maharajarukku jai

raji

9. Tamildownunder

Hi, raji,

Yes, I have heard many children who played on the lap of Gnananda Swamikal are doing very well in life today. He was particularly fond of children and to me he himself was looking like a child, mother, father and guru. People may laugh at me if I say that during World cup football match I prayed for Australia's win to Swamikal and even when Australia was down by one goal, Swamikal gave 3 goals to Australia against Japan and got their first victory. For those who beleive in Him he is the real God.

Gnananda Swamikaluku Jai

Radhe Krishna

Regards

TDU

10. rajisri1

rajisri1 New IL'ite

Hi tdu,

It is nice to see you here. How did you come to know of Him? Have you ever spoken to Him? Please give an elaborate reply whenever you find time.

raji

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.