Guru Sree Raghavendra Swamy's Birth Day ( Feb 25th 2015 )

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by nsairam, Feb 24, 2015.

1. nsairam

nsairam Silver IL'ite

Dear Brothers/Sisters,

I would like to inform you that Tomorrow (25th Feb 2015) is the Birth Day of our beloved Guru 'Sri Raghavendra Swamy'.

What might a person like Rayaru need you may ask? He needs nothing materialistic since he left all those very early in his life. He needs our utmost love and devotion and sincere Bhakthi. And now you have an opportunity to show all these to our beloved Rayaru by giving him a gift which he loves immensely. The Gift can be ANY of the below things. They are:

a) Chanting “Sree Raghavendraya Namaha” as many times as possible.
    b) AbhiShekha to Guru Rayaru Idol with Water / Milk/ Honey / Ghee / Curd / Sugar / Fruits / KumKum / Udhi / Thulasi leaves / Flowers, etc
    c) Saying 'Sree Raghavendra Shostram' with pure devotion
    d) Saying Sree Raghavendra Ashtotatram
    e) Doing Anna Dhaana Seva (Curd rice or any other rice) to poor people on this Auspicious day
    f) Giving Dhakshinai to poor people
    g) Visiting nearby Rayaru Shrine
    h) Meditate about the Miracles performed by Sree Rayaru
    i) Reading the Last Speech delivered by Sree Rayaru to His devotees
    j) Keeping Rayaru idol / photo in the room center and coming around Him 11 times with devotion
    k) Presenting the Neivedyam (Coconut mixed with Jaggery) as prasad to Him and share with everyone
    l) Doing Patha Abhisheka to His holy feet

I wish everyone gets His wonderful blessings from our beloved Guru Sree Rayaru and be happy always.

cheers
    Sairam

2 people like this.

2. preethimanik

preethimanik Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing this wonderful Info which i was not aware about this. Just i have been there on last sunday and saturday had very gud darshan and saw people doing lot of namaskarams evaery side and doing adi namaskarams to lord rayaru