1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Guru Purnima

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Guru Purnima

Today is Guru Purnima. As u all know, I don’t have a guru, I repeat this for some new readers, if any. Today Gurus must have had good offerings in cash and kind, not that they asked for, but well people came and gave of their own accord.I DON’T BLAME THEM

I feel sorry for Asharam, poor chap, rotting in jail, who would have given him offerings eh ! At least today he deserves good clothes, good food and other good comforts of life. But then I can only guess, what goes inside the jail premises how am I to know. So I assume that he got nothing and feel sorry.

Times of india today , had the middle page speaking tree article a good one. It said that Guru is like a boat,t aht u need to cross over from this side to the other side, then u let go of the boat, for other guys to use it, then it is of no use to know.Same way, leave the guru, after u have reached ry goal.

I found this to my liking. I see followers/disciples, following the guru, as spectators do to a rock star like elvis Presley, they would not mind mobbing him, and tearing his shir t and keeping a piece of it as a sovenier . They just follow his every move, and what he did yesterday, what he ate today, what he will do tomm, they keep a track and it comes on whats app. Fanatics. Their guru can do no wrong, even today For many Asharam is as pure as a lily. And Nityananda is a virgin, who looks at all women as his mother and sister, police is wrong the courts are wrong too !!!

A guru teaches u some good things, and after u have learnt yr lessons, move on, let the classroom get empty so that other pupils can come and learn from the guru. If u stay on and on, it means u are a duffer , who fails every year in the same class, and listens to the same lessons year after year. Let the teacher get some new pupils to teach, u move on in life. Don’t we, after taking birth , get cut off from our mother’s umbical cord ? We don’t need it now.

For me, life is a great teacher. There is so much to learn from it. How fame is temprory, like Rajesh Khanna realized too late in life. Hritik could not save his marriage, pretti Zinta could nto hold on to her boyfriend . Do good , not because u will get manifold, that is selfish, but bcs it makes u feel good about yourself that u helped someone in need.

Today in the park I heard of a chap, whose daughters are married, no son, wife had a fall , fractured her back, out of hospital, and now shifted to her married daughter’s house in Jaipur. Husband cannot take care. I told my friend, who knows him, why cant he keep a 15000 full time nurse, he said he may not be able to afford it.

So learnt this from this example, that a little sacrifice during your younger days, u would have saved a lot for this day. For example if this chap had gone with his wife and daughters on a cruise, and spent 5 lakhs 20 years back, and come back in 15 days, suppose he had sacrificed that cruise, that 5 lakhs in 20 years now would have become 8 times , that is 40 lakhs, which if kept in a bank FD, fetched him a good 30000 month interest for life, which would have taken care of the 15000 nurse, and medicines and doctors, plus Air condition electricity bills. A sacrificed cruise, can take care of yr medical needs in comfort, saving yr children the trouble of looking after u, for u can afford a good nurse.

Which Guru will tell u to not give away yr property while away to yr children, and that keep it with u, and will it after u. As long as u have the property and the money, everyone will respect u and want u. But life teaches u this , if u look around, what can a guru do.

Most gurus are caught in the old preachings, of calming yr minds, don’t eat meat, don’t drink wine, don’t do bad, etc etc, what they used to preach hundreds of years back, still most of the preachings are the same, but money matters, medicines, illnesses, and other issues, u have to learn yourself from people around u.

And at times u learn what not to do from failures, drunks, womanizers, gamblers who gamble away their fortunes, of how to earn honest money thru labour, and try to stay away from stock markets, and other such things which too are just gambles.Learn how to be moderate in all things of life, even if u drink or smoke ro gamble, let it be in a limit.Gurus teach u what to do, life teaches u what not to do !!!!!

Friends , have faith inGod, whom u cant see, and have faith in yrself, and just keep your eyes and ears open, and u will learn so much, which is not taught by the gurus, or by teachers and professors.

As I end, remember, the person who curses u or criticizes u, is better than the one praising u, for the curser knows he will not get any favours from u henceforth, what he had in his mind he spoke out, true or false is another matter, but beware of the praiser, who knows what knife he is hiding , and who knows he may be trapping u to give him some loans, which are not to come back ever.

Take care friends, be safe, trust the lord, and trust yourselves. And yes, your real gurus are your parents, who have brought u into this world, and u are what u are bcs of them. Why look outside, they are the ones u should be bowing down to this day, and all days too.

KAMAL MAHTANI

[SUP]: "What's hypnotism?"
    Wife: "Taking control over someone & making him perform as per your wish."
    Husband: "Nonsense! That's marriage, not hypnotism[/SUP]

[SUP]Once, a Bengali Babu went to Gulzar to learn Shayari..

Gulzar Sahib asked the Bengali babu to repeat after him:

"Na Gila Karunga,
    Na Shikwa Karunga...
    Tum Salaamat Raho is duniya me ,
    Rab Se Yahi Dua Karunga."

The Bengali Babu repeated:

"Na Geela Korega,
    Na Sukha Korega....
    Tum Saala, Mat Raho is Duniya me ,
    Rob Se Yehi Dua Korega"

Gulzar fainted !!![/SUP]

[SUP]Advertisement of a new restaurant, named....
    "Topless Beauty"

1000 men visited on the very first day....

They were shocked to see that the restaurant had no roof...
    [21:23, 11/07/2014] Kamal Mahtani: [/SUP][SUP]केजरीवाल[/SUP] [SUP]की[/SUP] [SUP]पत्नी[/SUP]: [SUP]सुनिए[/SUP] [SUP]जी[/SUP][SUP]! [/SUP][SUP]आप[/SUP] [SUP]इतने[/SUP] [SUP]डरे[/SUP] [SUP]हुए[/SUP] [SUP]क्यों[/SUP] [SUP]हो[/SUP][SUP]?[/SUP]

[SUP]केजरीवाल[/SUP]: [SUP]बीजेपी[/SUP] [SUP]वालो[/SUP] [SUP]ने[/SUP] [SUP]जूते[/SUP] [SUP]सस्ते[/SUP] [SUP]कर[/SUP] [SUP]दिए[/SUP] [SUP]है[/SUP][SUP]...!!!
    #Budget2014[/SUP][SUP][/SUP]

[SUP] China has agreed to support India this time...
    .they think India has Chinese Finance Minister

Jet Lee[/SUP][SUP][/SUP]

5 people like this.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, the so-called urus, Mahrajs and babas hold their disciples in thrall, enslave their minds and exploit them. Like a child needs to hold an adult's hand some people need the help of a guru but the child will grow into an adult and leave the hand it holds. But these disciples never grow up. They like to stay in a state of infancy, holding the so-called guru's hand.And the gurus encourage them in this as this means wealth and power.

3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I wish I would have realized this sooner

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Jee Guruji! :-D 16 anne sacch!

The only point I did not totally agree with is about spending wisely in young age. Sorry, I don't mean one shouldn't. Of course one should, but the assumption that this guy may have had so much money in his young age and that he would have spent it on a cruise (or other big expenses) is not always true. There are many people who work hard, earn a reasonable amount, save wisely but are still hard up when faced with major illnesses in their old age.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I do have to address you as guruji, K ji for meaning to or not you have given advise that enlightened souls give that God (Shiva) is the first guru and Ramana Maharshi says that self enquiry is important.

Some of us are fortunate to have Gurus who are not famous and who guide us blissfully without magic or out of the world assurances and Kamalji, I will not deny that I am most grateful for my Guru in my life. So thank you for this opportunity to salute who matters the most to me.

1 person likes this.
  6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I very practical approach to life.

We need not have one Guru. We learn so many things from so many people throughout our life. Let us try to learn something from good points and try to implement in life. First, we learn values from our parents.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gurujee...oh sorry...Kamalji!

Maybe I should not apologize and call you gurujee only! For hidden between all those naughty lines and tongue in cheek observations, there is a lot of valuable truth and common sense to your posts!

I would not like to hurt anyone's religious sentiments and beliefs. Yet it astonishes me to see how much money is spent in the name of blind belief. If we like a person, be it a relative or friend, we do celebrate their special days and make them happy with our gestures or presents. So it is okay to gift whatever you wish to your guru also, be it in cash or kind. But to insist on a particular amount or sending the envelop around beats the purpose!

Wish I had known you some decades ago about how to invest and plan for the future!! A bit late now. :cry: All the same, even if I have a troubled moment, I will think of you guruji and there will be a smile upon my face!!

L, Kamla

Forgot to mention...Congratulations are due! You have followers in Balajee and Satchi who brought this post to FP as their Guru Purnima deed!! :)

3 people like this.
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

Well said balaji, we need to leave our parents hands as we grow older, same way , we have to leave oru teachers and professors as we pass out of colleges, so we too should leave our gurus, after learnign their preachings and move on and practice them in real life.

Many gurus wont leae their disciples, specially if the disciple is rich, then in that case gurus need the disciple more than the disciple needs them.HAHA

What say ?

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dont worry it is never too late in life, we keep learning all the time dear friend

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

See even i dont agree with u, that this post deserved noination.So thanks a lot to u and balaji, kamla informed me today morning of the nominations.

My point aboyut being careful in young age is, people maybe are not mature then , to think that they may run short in old age, what with kids marriages and education, and then they have their life too, and illnesses and other expenses. it is just a eyeopener, for i have seen many, now in poor financial state, who had a lot of money in their younger days, but they just blew it away, and today, they dont ahve a home of their own, and staying with kids, pitiable really.

Regards

kamal