Guru Dattatreya

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Sweshar, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Dear CSYDE,

There is no papam and Puniyam. I can assure you that every one of us blessed with the power and all in boxes and we are yet to find a box that belongs to us. The emotions are due to mental strains and since you are yet to regularise the approach, you are confused and this confusion makes you unhappy and sleepless nights. the less sleep results in head ache, head spinning, burning eyes and you may think that others fail to understand your dificulties and you want help from others but don't know in which way they could help and you can recive.

I suggest you lit a lamp with Mustered oil with a bit of Vasambhu in that twice a week in the night after 7.00 P.M. let it glow for an hour and you put that off and go to bed.

After a week you will find solutions for the problems you face.

If you have a relation in India ask them to do Archana for Garuda on Sunday at 5.00 P.M. on your behalf for 7 weeks.
    If you have betal leaves keep them in your bed room along with betal nut and replace in alternate days.

1 person likes this.
  2. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Dear Preeti,

You are not suppose to chant mantra of Dathathreya directly, Chand Garuda for a 48 days, pray that you will visit PUdukkottai, near trichy the place where vallabha Guru is there this is also the place where Dathathrya lives. When you visit Tamil nadu, let me know so that I can guide you how to offer pooja.

I am seeing Pooja and Rituals as science and hence I can suggest you only after seeing you. I am a family man nearing 60, living with my wife and son and you can visit me without fear.

By the by is there any one of your relation died as premature death in accident/ young age may be a female??

3. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

In Puduk kottai The Bhuvaneshwari Amman shrine is there and next to it is Judge sami athishtanam. This is the place where on should take Daththa Upadesam.

Near this is a Sivan temple, where Arai kasu amman is located.

4. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Dear RamaChandran Sir,
    Thanks for sharing this information.

5. csyde

csyde Silver IL'ite

Ramachandran Sir/Vimmala

Thanks for your concern in giving the reply.

My kids are not feeling well, so could not give an immediate reply.

After reading your replies, I have the following questions below:

1) Can you pl. post the garuda manthra? How many times this should be read before starting to recite the datta gayatri?
    2) What is vasambhu - in a lamp?
    3) How many betel leaves i should keep in the bed room?

None of my relatives had premature death.

Thanks,
    Preeti

6. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramachandran Sir

Can you please give the slokas in tamil and also give the details of how and how many times to recite all the slokas.

I have some mental worries which makes me to get upset sometimes.

If you could please give me the details of the slokas, it will be of great help for me.

7. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Daththa Kavasam and Hamsa Kavasam already posted here! You can also see them in
    Tamil Brahmins

They have lots of Mantras.

Regards

8. amitha123

amitha123 New IL'ite

Hi , I am going through a very tough times in my life now, I dont have job , not married yet and family problems as well , i have a problem with my mother too, pls suggest me how i can find peace in my life,, very frustrated. I am hating my life

9. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

dear amitha

Om Sairam.

Read Siddha Mangala stothram for 40 days @ 11 times a day. This stothram is read in Praise of Lord Sri Padavallabha Swami - the 1st Dattatreya Incarnation on this earth.
    All your problems will go away.
    the procedure, the stothram in various languages are given in signature below.

Sri Padarajam Saranam Prapadheye

10. akhilandeswari

akhilandeswari Junior IL'ite

hi saras,

I started doing the prayan last month. I successfully completed 19 days without any disturbance but last week on 25th march my bil suddenly met with accident and he died in spot. today is the 9th day in their home they did pooja today. so can i continue remaining days or start once again. plz reply.